Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default Re: Help

finally I got it

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

A generator is fefinitely a good idea, I got mine before getting any discus. In past power cuts I managed to muddle through and save all the fish in my various other tanks but I don't think I could pull it off with discus
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    A generator is fefinitely a good idea, I got mine before getting any discus. In past power cuts I managed to muddle through and save all the fish in my various other tanks but I don't think I could pull it off with discus
    Right well i have lived here for 8 years and never ever went without power more than 6 hours most of time they have back up and running but this time boy it really thru me for a loop

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

That little fish seems a bit stunted...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

at the I bought them I did not know what to look for after buying i was like he looks football shaped he is more round now than he was and I know now to look at there eye body ratio 1,2,3,4,5,6 as it goes wish I found this site first

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

I bought them got them in the tank grabbed laptop type in how to keep discus I seen a video with the DIY KING Joey so i thought I'm watching that one Joey has good info so I started it then he opened the thing for Al's presentation i was blown away so here I am on SD with all you other great people the past few days have been just a blast I tell youall of you have just jumped in here to help me AND I SAY THANK YOU ALL THIS IS A GREAT PLACE THANKS !!! P.S. I STARTED THIS THREAD THEN I GOT THE MESSAGE SAYING DO NOT START A THREAD WITH THE WORDS HELP and boy I thought i'ma get kicked out of here then i seen replies and i was like thank goodness, Because now I can look over at my tank and these guys just swimming doing fish stuff they doing better and better by the hour. OK maybe I panicked somewhat but i don't want to loose fish even if it is a .99 cent neon I want to give it the best place possible that's just me

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

I bought them got them in the tank grabbed laptop type in how to keep discus I seen a video with the DIY KING Joey so i thought I'm watching that one Joey has good info so I started it then he opened the thing for Al's presentation i was blown away so here I am on SD with all you other great people the past few days have been just a blast I tell youall of you have just jumped in here to help me AND I SAY THANK YOU ALL THIS IS A GREAT PLACE THANKS !!! P.S. I STARTED THIS THREAD THEN I GOT THE MESSAGE SAYING DO NOT START A THREAD WITH THE WORDS HELP and boy I thought i'ma get kicked out of here then i seen replies and i was like thank goodness, Because now I can look over at my tank and these guys just swimming doing fish stuff they doing better and better by the hour. OK maybe I panicked somewhat but i don't want to loose fish even if it is a .99 cent neon I want to give it the best place possible that's just me

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

You obvoiusly care deeply about the welfare of your fish and that is a great credit to you, we all have made our fair share of mistakes and had a lot to learn, a forum such as this allows everyone to build upon the experience accumulated by those who started in this hobby before us. I am pleased you noticed this forum strives to be not only informative but as friendly and easy-going as possible. If your fish are young they will hopefully make up some of the ground they had lost, plenty of clean water and good food will go a long way. Keep posting, you will always find people redy to help

The amount of iodine in iodized salt doesn't hurt the fish at all. Discus Hans (a sponsor here) uses it and I use it. If you're worried about it, buy non iodized salt next time you're at the store. Why do you think you need salt? From what you have said, your fish are doing well.

Keep watching them while they eat. Sure a fish might pick up a piece of food and spit it out once in a while. It's not a problem unless they do it most of the time. Your fish's poop is black. Don't worry unless you start seeing white poo. I don't see any reason now to dump in more meds. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

OK I will wait not add salt at this time thanks i did bump the heat up a bit as someone earlier said earlier and that made me think i had the heat up around 90 or so to speed up the life cycle on the ick so that the ick would drop off the fish and then treat tank with parashield for 5 days as it says on the bottle after 5 day treatment i started lowering the temp
    and held it at 84 a day or so and that is when they started staying in the corner and it is the corner with the heater was it that they was just cold the temp is now 86 and they swimming every where P.S. I WAS GONNA ADD THE SALT SO THEY WERE NOT AS SKITTISH

Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    The amount of iodine in iodized salt doesn't hurt the fish at all. Discus Hans (a sponsor here) uses it and I use it. If you're worried about it, buy non iodized salt next time you're at the store. Why do you think you need salt? From what you have said, your fish are doing well.

Keep watching them while they eat. Sure a fish might pick up a piece of food and spit it out once in a while. It's not a problem unless they do it most of the time. Your fish's poop is black. Don't worry unless you start seeing white poo. I don't see any reason now to dump in more meds. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I suggested salt because of the said condition, but the fish in the photo look ok to me. He also mentioned ick and rapid breathing, figured fish are stressed. Salt helps calm the rapid breathing.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post
    OK I will wait not add salt at this time thanks i did bump the heat up a bit as someone earlier said earlier and that made me think i had the heat up around 90 or so to speed up the life cycle on the ick so that the ick would drop off the fish and then treat tank with parashield for 5 days as it says on the bottle after 5 day treatment i started lowering the temp
    and held it at 84 a day or so and that is when they started staying in the corner and it is the corner with the heater was it that they was just cold the temp is now 86 and they swimming every where P.S. I WAS GONNA ADD THE SALT SO THEY WERE NOT AS SKITTISH
    if they are swimming already and acting normal, then let them be. Don't add anything to the water. 86 temp is good.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

OK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast