Dennis Discus     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Can anyone recommended the best Brand Names for a 75 gallon glass? Prices for some brands are considerably higher than others - do the brand names matter much?

    Thanks,

    Tom

  2. #2
    Moderator Team & Homesteader Altum Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,137
    iTrader
    5 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ralph

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Tom...you will get mixed suggestions on tank brands. Not saying one is better then the other but in the US you guys have Petco stores that usually have $1 per gal sales and have not heard bad experiences. I'm in Canada and we don't find deals like that.
    I for one am a big fan of Miracles Tanks and sure others feel the same but no bargain prices.
    Glass Cages is another source in the US.

    ...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    307
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    I love my redsea tank for many reasons; rimless, glass thickness, crystal clear glass, built in skimmer, etc. But, for the price, you can get an amazing tank for $1 a gallon. For future tanks, Id go with the biggest petco tank during their $1/g sale and build a custom stand myself.

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    234
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    James Walker

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    In my opinion the $1/gallon price can't be beat especially if you are looking for a standard sized tank. If you want rimless, a non-DIY display-quality stand, customization, pre-drilled bulkheads or sump then you might want to go with a more boutique tank builder.

    I have a 3x2x2 (90 gallon) rimless tank with low-iron glass on the front of the tank, a corner overflow and stand from Glasscages. They were great to work with, fast (for a custom tank), and had an easy going southern charm that goes with being based in TN. The quality in my opinion is wonderful.

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Thanks Ralph,

    Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    ...but in the US you guys have Petco stores that usually have $1 per gal sales and have not heard bad experiences.
    I have my eyes open for one of those sales. I think they only apply to 40gallons or less, so that will work for a Sump, but not for the 75 gallon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    I for one am a big fan of Miracles Tanks and sure others feel the same but no bargain prices.
    Is there something specific about them that you like best, or is it that in your experience the quality is better than others?

    Tom

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    I love my redsea tank for many reasons; rimless, glass thickness, crystal clear glass, built in skimmer, etc. But, for the price, you can get an amazing tank for $1 a gallon. For future tanks, I’d go with the biggest petco tank during their $1/g sale and build a custom stand myself.
    Thanks Mando,

    Tom

  7. #7
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I have a 3x2x2 (90 gallon) rimless tank with low-iron glass on the front of the tank, a corner overflow and stand from Glasscages. They were great to work with, fast (for a custom tank), and had an easy going southern charm that goes with being based in TN. The quality in my opinion is wonderful.
    I will give them a try...

    Thanks!

    Tom

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    I found a Marineland 75 gallon for $150, which sounds like a good price based on a quick net search. I need to drill it and they have no idea if the glass is tempered or not. I'll have to Google it, and see how difficult it is to check.

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    156
    iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    harry g

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    be carefull of marineland i had a 150 & 180 leak. they back up there tanks

  10. #10
    Moderator Team & Homesteader Altum Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,137
    iTrader
    5 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ralph

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by taneal1 View Post
    Thanks Ralph,

    Is there something specific about them that you like best, or is it that in your experience the quality is better than others?

    Tom

    Maybe it's just because they are local and is what tanks I currently have. I guess with anything...if specific products have served you well that's good enough reason to stay with them.

    ...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

  11. #11
    Registered Member Cove Beach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sheffield Lake Ohio
    Posts
    100
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mark

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    The Petco dollar per gal sale is only up to 29 gallons, but 40 breeders were half price as were 55,75s not sure if anything bigger is available. I had good luck with AGA 220 reef ready tank for 15 yrs as a side note.

  12. #12
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    they back up there tanks
    Does this mean they replace them if they leak?

  13. #13
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Maybe it's just because they are local and is what tanks I currently have. I guess with anything...if specific products have served you well that's good enough reason to stay with them.

    ...Ralph
    Thanks. If a brand has served you well that's the best recommendation you can give.

    Tom

  14. #14
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    Quote Originally Posted by Cove Beach View Post
    The Petco dollar per gal sale is only up to 29 gallons, but 40 breeders were half price as were 55,75s not sure if anything bigger is available. I had good luck with AGA 220 reef ready tank for 15 yrs as a side note.
    Half price for a 75g and a 40g is a great deal! Is this for a specific brand only, or does it vary? Any idea how often they have these sales?

    Thanks,

    Tom

  15. #15
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    47
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

    What does anyone think of the Aqueon brand? Petco has a 75 gallon for $180 -- of course I'll try to wait for the sale price...

    Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress             AquaticSuppliers.com