AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Sold my adults...LFS owner

Registered Member

Default Sold my adults...LFS owner

Well I sold my beloved discus finally. The owner of the local aquarium store took them and has them front and center in a 130 display tank that he has set up specifically for them. He is not selling them and I couldn't be happier for the fish. Really glad I found someone who will take care of them. Added bonus is I can drop in now and then and see how they are doing.

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Sold my adults...LFS owner

I'm glad you've found a caring owner for them Megatrev.
    How many were they and why did you sell them ?
    What do you have from discus now?
    Put one last photo of your ex discus here please .

Real Name
    Patty

That’s a great story Megatrev62, and another great idea from Filip. I’d love to see them in their new home.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    I'm glad you've found a caring owner for them Megatrev.
    How many were they and why did you sell them ?
    What do you have from discus now?
    Put one last photo of your ex discus here please .
    Thank you Filip.I will get a photo of them in the new tank the next time I head to the store. Brought them down to the store late last night and we watched them for a few minutes before we turned the lights off. To be honest, the reason I sold them is because I lost interest. I have been hardcore since '89 and feel like I am going to quit entirely.I am still raising fry I have , but my heart isn't there either. Feeling this way , for the last few weeks. The owner , who had all the tanks in his house (100+) decided to open a store four years ago now and brought every tank from his house there. He loves fish(store sells only fish). Talked to him earlier and he is ecstatic with the discus.I've known him for years, and drop down to the store at least once a week. Lol, lately, it has been once a month. Right now I just have a 90 gallon planted community and a 55 with discus fry.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    That’s a great story Megatrev62, and another great idea from Filip. I’d love to see them in their new home.
    Patty
    Thank you and I will get a pic up soon.

Registered Member

I mean I was literally giving the fish away trying to sell them.People commented what a steal of a deal, but for whatever reason there were no takers. I sold the breeding pair last week , ($120)...that is the hobby here. Not many in a city of 150k keeps discus.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by megatrev62 View Post
    I mean I was literally giving the fish away trying to sell them.People commented what a steal of a deal, but for whatever reason there were no takers. I sold the breeding pair last week , ($120)...that is the hobby here. Not many in a city of 150k keeps discus.
    Glad you found them a good home. I'm in a similar situation in my town. I know of one other guy locally keeping discus, mostly ones I've sold off to him cheaply, and another guy that drives up from Yreka if I have something to offer.