ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy discus (other fish) online

Default Re: Where to buy discus (other fish) online

Good post, Tony.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 01-13-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Nothing against Hans or his fish, but he withdrew his SD sponsorship recently. Just sayin...
    Hans didn't withdraw his sponsorship, he was removed, with as reason (I think, never got an explonation) I didn't post enough on Simply. My problem is there are just not enough hours in a day and I got a business to run.

I see Al still as a great friend, he just had to do what he thinks is best for his forum and there are totally no hard feelings from my side. I still send people to this forum and will always promote his Australian Blackworms over the California ones.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Jeff

Any of the sponsors on this board should be a good choice, and Hans. You will not find a better man nor better fish than Hans and his Stendker discus.

Real Name
    Patty

Eric,
    I was nervous about ordering fish too. My only suggestion is to have them shipped earlier in the week as opposed to later in the week so they don’t end up in some distribution center over the weekend. That happened to me, but the sponsor I chose replaced the fish even though it wasn’t his fault. They were so well packed that I only lost 2 out of 7 (in bags for 5 days!) I expected a bunch of dead fish and attribute it to the quality and packing of the fish. Best decision I made was going through a sponsor here. Good luck and we want pictures when you get them! .
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    TONY

but the sponsor I chose replaced the fish even though it wasn’t his fault. They were so well packed that I only lost 2 out of 7 (in bags for 5 days!) I expected a bunch of dead fish and attribute it to the quality and packing of the fish. Best decision I made was going through a sponsor here. Good luck and we want pictures when you get them! .
    Patty

OK Patty, who - who?? The suspense is killing me!! "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by tonytheboss1 View Post
    OK Patty, who - who?? The suspense is killing me!! "T"
    Kenny
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    TONY

Gotcha! Thanx!
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Hans didn't withdraw his sponsorship, he was removed, with as reason (I think, never got an explonation) I didn't post enough on Simply. My problem is there are just not enough hours in a day and I got a business to run.

I see Al still as a great friend, he just had to do what he thinks is best for his forum and there are totally no hard feelings from my side. I still send people to this forum and will always promote his Australian Blackworms over the California ones.

Hans
    Hans...you have true class. Might be the most honest and caring human being I come across to date.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post

Hans
    Feel the same way Hans.. no hard feelings and nothing but high regard and friendship bud. I know you are busy as heck on other social media and theres not enough time to do everything. We've talked about that in the past. You need to run your business as is best for you.

Hans is always welcome here as a sponsor if he wants to be and has time for it.

Hes a great guy and a very good friend indeed!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Just made a purchase from Hans Discus, answered all my question's and sent me some super nice fish. His eye for nice round discus is very helpful when your looking for something special. Thanks again Hans and I'm sure we'll be doing business again...………….Jim in Ohio

Registered Member

I purchased from Kenny from a customer referral. I just now visited Dennis' site. What is an Ocean Zebra? I had not seen this one. What a nice looking pattern.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I have been to Dennis's fish room, he has really nice Asian discus. Ocean Zebra is a likely just a trade name the breeder gave this strain because of the vertical red pattern over an ocean green base. I was talking with him just yesterday and his new shipment is acclimating and he got a bunch of the ocean zeb's in due to popular requests. Believe he has 1 proven pair of ocean zeb's he is going to make available as well. His shipment video should be available in the next week or so.

Registered Member

Book 'em, Dano. Thanks,I have found an interest in that Ocean Zebra and will have to get with Dennis for next order.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Lol. That'll make Dennis happy mate. He is the newest sponsor to SD and looking to build a healthy customer base. I am very happy with the discus i bought. Apart from 1 loss to aggression from a newly formed pair with wigglers my other fish are active, healthy and have beautiful shape and color. All the best to ya peewee me ole mate!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Lol. That'll make Dennis happy mate. He is the newest sponsor to SD and looking to build a healthy customer base. I am very happy with the discus i bought. Apart from 1 loss to aggression from a newly formed pair with wigglers my other fish are active, healthy and have beautiful shape and color. All the best to ya peewee me ole mate!
    Dano, two visits to Sydney and one to Canberra to date. I do not recall anything about Canberra except the drive from Sydney. Bondi and many nice Aussie folks. Is the Ocean Zebra something new? Are there other Zebra variety?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast