AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What to feed 2 month fry

Registered Member

Default What to feed 2 month fry

I purchased some breeding pair from a guy on Craigslist the guy is full of good knowledge! I ask him if he would throw in some of his 2 month fry. He gave me 20 of the smallest ones. I put them in a tank and I set it at 84 cause it took me 30 minutes to get home and the water temp dropped quick ...I plan. To rasies it to 86 later tonight... It's been one day and they aren't very hungry. Blood worms seem to big or they have no interest. And also tried micro size frozen brine shrimp. I want to bring these fry back to Heath any ideas?? Would beef heart work??? Also are the okay to rasie the temp quicker the 2 degrees a day. Maybe 88 degree? I tried Hans beef heart flake zero interest

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: What to feed 2 month fry

try live or freeze dried blackworm. Al has the freeze dried blackworm at a great price (see link at top of page).

also live brine shrimp or capped brine shrimp eggs (capped eggs can't be hatched).

Good luck
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member

Will try. It's been just a day. Maybe they need to get use to the tank after the move.. do you think I cause raise tank quicker.. or are fry more sensitive to temp changes

what had the guy you bought them from been feeding them?
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Waiting on his reply still...He told me bloodworm and frozen Brine. But keep in mind these are the runts. The smallest ones out of 500 plus fry! Maybe they never really eat that much. I'm trying to bring them back to help

I'd try hatching some BBS. Freeze dried black worms are another good idea.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I may raise the temp make it hotter to stimulate hunger

Real Name
    Jeff

They might take a day or two before they will show much interest in eating, maybe even a bit longer if your water is much different than what they were used to. I would start with feeding whatever they were already eating then slowly transition them to what you prefer to feed. Crushed up quality flakes, shredded freeze dried blackworms, newly hatched BBS are all good and popular options.

Registered Member

Ok thank you. So far no luck in the eating. Only thing I haven't tried is blackworm and fresh hatched brine. Tank is at 84-85F. Did this from 83 yesterday. Anyone think I should make it higher? Again these are runts ranges from quarter size and some only dime .