AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help...

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: I need help...

I would love seeing this forum stand up and defy the FB dominance with knowledge and experience in the years that come Al. I took my part in donating and I hope lot of us regulars here will do the same thing.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    I would love seeing this forum stand up and defy the FB dominance with knowledge and experience in the years that come Al. I took my part in donating and I hope lot of us regulars here will do the same thing.
    Ditto!

Real Name
    Patty

Ditto and bump
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

I am here in my quiet corner.
    matched Pat and am sending my limit as soon as I Finish typing this.
    TA DA !
    Tom.

There was a time long before facebook where forums were the place to go...Information was shared, connections made. With Facebook and other social medias rise forum's Have lost alot of their prominance with many people.Its a shame because they offer things that are not offered by other venues ...You can for instance search 17 years of discus experiences here and read the replies and discussions of many keepers, some who have long since passed on. Ironically for all of social media's connectivity and "friending"it can be a pretty unfriendly and impersonal place. This forum may not be as big and interactive as facebook and its related groups but I've always tried to keep it friendly and inviting, tried to make it a place where groups can form(NADA,NEDA,regional discus clubs.etc) If people here want to be part of a community and become "friends" in the true meaning of the word, it happens here.A bunch of us go back years and years and even met socially...others though separated by continents have had each others backs in times of need. Its whats special about the forum.

Oh yeah about those differences between Us and Facebook ,... We have never sold your data to anyone.I believe thats yours not the forums.

Thank you to everyone that sees this forum as I do. Thank you to those of you that have been able to participate here and send something in. Thank you also to those of you that have done so in the past or have contacted me to say you love the place and will help when things are better for you. Over the years I have entertained the thought of closing up the forum and moving on as it really has taken a huge chunk of my time and energy over the years and still does. .You all make me see our run here is far from over though. Too many people call this place home, and its one really special place. Thank you again.
    Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-15-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Frank

I remember the forum days before FB. I personally don’t do FB or Twitter. I will say that this forum (its present and past participants) have saved me money and grief in keeping discus. Those who support the forum in many cases get discounts with its sponsors (and it benefits the forum). This does not include what we will never know - how many discus would die, or be stunted, or would not have babies without the knowledge of this forum. I have said this before. I have read a lot of books on discus and fish-keeping. This forum beats them all. I still think somehow this needs to be published as a book! Or better yet, donate and support the forum!

Real Name
    Carmelita

Hi I have been around here for while and I would like to donate something at end of month how do you go about it ?

Registered Member

i look forward to donate asap I love coming to this forum for all my fish information this forum has really helped me so much in keeping discus and fish in general

Quote Originally Posted by melita View Post
    hi i have been around here for while and i would like to donate something at end of month how do you go about it ?

just go back to page 1 - the link is there to facilitate your donation.

i'll contribute:

facebook groups are okay, but filled with too many people asking questions that are answered in the instructions that came with their product. its also a real pain trying to find any information from weeks before, the search isn't reliable and there is no organization.

you should raffle off some of your juvies, that would generate some revenue

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    i'll contribute:

facebook groups are okay, but filled with too many people asking questions that are answered in the instructions that came with their product. its also a real pain trying to find any information from weeks before, the search isn't reliable and there is no organization.

you should raffle off some of your juvies, that would generate some revenue
    Thanks Jack.

I would love to do raffles with my fish but unfortunately per IRS code I am not allowed to. Only registered non-profits can do that... and unfortunately when I set SimplyDiscus up for tax purposes I did not realize this. I chose LLC as I thought it was safer. Both have their pros and cons. Best I am allowed to legally do is sell them or auction them. Even if I could raffle them off Paypal makes it a royal hassel as they.consider it gambling. Its not worth it for the hoops I would need to jump through.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    TONY

Best I am allowed to legally do is sell them or auction them. Even if I could raffle them off Paypal makes it a royal hassel as they.consider it gambling. Its not worth it for the hoops I would need to jump through.

Al

WOW! Talk about being 'between a rock & a hard place'! Well like I said before, as soon as this "GUY" stops having a hissy fit & puts the govt. back to paid work, I got you!! "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Edy Kho

Hi Al and fellow,

i just donated to support this forum i learned so much from this forum to keep my discus and altum healthy. thank you guys.
    i hope my little contribution will help to keep this forum running.

cheers from Indonesia,

Edy

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by edykho View Post
    Hi Al and fellow,

i just donated to support this forum i learned so much from this forum to keep my discus and altum healthy. thank you guys.
    i hope my little contribution will help to keep this forum running.

cheers from Indonesia,

Edy
    That’s great Edy, thank you for your support.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Tobi

Truthfully I doubt I would still be keeping discus if it wasn’t for the forum. Also, Facebook is giving me a right headache, but I can’t stay away. Simply is a kind of “sanctuary” from all the other nonsense on social media.

Also if you weigh the cost of a good fish (and the emotional attachment in my case) vs a few dollars to keep the forum alive, I bet it saves a lot of us money in the long run having all the information and help readily available to deal with issues and/or disease.

So Al, in my opinion you are a hero of the discus community world wide for founding and maintaining this incredible platform and helping countless aquarists like myself to be able to enjoy their hobby with as little headache as possible.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast