AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 2 month fry

Registered Member

Default 2 month fry

As I am having issues with my new 2 month old fry.. quarter size or less eating I'm thinking about raising the temp. Was 84. Today raised to 86. Possibly tomorrow to 88. Do you think this will help them eat? They are little is there any issue with raising the temp that quick....how high can I raise it. I work so between 10 and 7pm I can't feed them unless they will take flake then I can use my auto feeder

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: 2 month fry

After following Als discus challenge where his fry survived more than 5 days of shipping in a bag I'm pretty sure they are much more resilent than what you give them credit for . I think you are pretty safe to raise 2 F a day to reach 90-92 F . How long will it take to get them to flakes is unsure but younger discus do tend to acclimate to new food easily IME .

Registered Member

Thanks for your reply tank is at 32c. Decided to use C due to less fluctuating with temp controler... I finally opened my bottle of instant live brine shimp I was saving for new fry. They seem to be eating it. Everything else they ignored. These are the runt out of his 500 or so fry so maybe that's what happened. I plan on doing daily water changes of 50% till a see them on better food.

Registered Member

From my experience so far the runts are the weakest for a reason. Much more common to find a dead runt in a batch then the bigger fish. See if you can get them onto beef heart mix.