AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: ??hole in the head...flukes?!! im about to put a hole in my head !@#$# help

Real Name
    eduardo

Default ??hole in the head...flukes?!! im about to put a hole in my head !@#$# help

hey, discus keepers.. need your help

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE
    Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?
    [B]Over the past 3 months, ive lost 2 of my discus and a increasing pH (not sure why)

ive been doing the same routine for 2 1/2 years, but the only thing I did different was that I added harki to the fish diet (which is potential source of my problem)
    and added a new wet dry filter.

2. Symptoms

at first they presented with ick (which I treated with increase temp and resolved)

One of my discus presented with white, fleshy gills _ I stared doing salt dips and treating the tank with salt for about a week and did not help..
    I then treated with paraguard aka (malachite green) with 1 hour dips and treating entire tank ...she then stopped eating...... she died

the second discus presented with same symptoms so I treated with metroplex ( in the food and the entire tank, for about 4 days)...she died

NOW my last discus is presenting with small holes or digs around her face. There's nothing in the tank to have her scratch herself with.
    She still eats like a pig and has a great appetite. but does have stress bars and those holes in her face.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    55 bow . with now only 5.0 in discus that's 4 years old.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
    80% every 4 days or when my nitrates go above 20.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?
    3 years, bare bottom.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

I do not age, I run my tap water slowly thru diy filter pad attachment, to rid the microbubbles. and treat with prime

8. Parameters and water source;

- temp ___82__

- ph ____7.92 _ ** I do not understand why?? this is recent problem

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __10-20 __

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water _x___ which is 7.0

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    no

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.
    I feed once a day: with either my own beef heart mix or the brew master's discus pellet or blackworms. I like a varied diet. and I stopped feeding hikari pellets.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.
    thank YOu in advance,

ED-

Default Re: ??hole in the head...flukes?!! im about to put a hole in my head !@#$# help

ED, I got your message, and emailed you. Give me a call to go over things, but before you do, email me some pictures of your fish or post them here.

Thanks,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    eduardo

Default Re: ??hole in the head...flukes?!! im about to put a hole in my head !@#$# help

IMG_1834 (1).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ny627; 01-17-2019 at 02:54 AM.