AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Kenny's Discus, unparalleled service, gorgeous top-quality product

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Kenny's Discus, unparalleled service, gorgeous top-quality product

As a long-time aquatics hobbyist, I first began entertaining starting a discus tank about a year and a half ago. In my initial research and before becoming acquainted with Simply Discus, I came across a You Tube video from another hobbyist who provided sound advice part of which strongly recommended acquiring discus from a reputable breeder. Said hobbyist suggested three breeders in the U.S., one of which was Kenny's Discus in Daly City, CA.

I had kept my eye on Kenny's Discus for about a year during that time had read a few posts on Simply Discus expressing rave reviews of service and product. Admittedly, I was still hesitant to have fish shipped resultant from the concern most if not all of us share which resides with the uncertainty of receiving fish that fail to adapt to new surroundings after stress from being transported.

I reached out Kenny who from the very first moments in our first interaction made me feel like I was his only customer. He took the time necessary to understand my collective set-up to make informed recommendations on what would be best for me. As the process continued, I became increasingly more impressed with his attention to detail, unmatched customer service and each suggestion he offered was 100% true to form.

I received my fish and I cannot overstate how absolutely gorgeous and healthy they are adapting quickly to their new surroundings and continuing to thrive. I had previously read about the top quality product offered by Kenny's Discus but what I didn't expect and to my great benefit and delight were the level of service and consultative technical assistance offered by one of the industry's most reputable leaders.

The discus I purchased from Kenny are a Red Melon, Albino Golden Lollipop, Spotted Leopard and a Forrest White Butterfly which was Kenny's recommendation. Unfortunately I was unable to successfully upload my photos to the site but will say they are even far more beautiful than the pictures posted from Kenny.

My only regret is not contacting Kenny sooner.

Thanks so much Kenny. It was an absolute pleasure and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: Kenny's Discus, unparalleled service, gorgeous top-quality product

Kenny is my favorite, but I’ve not tried anyone else. Once you’ve dealt with Kenny, there’s no reason to go to anyone else. He is as phenomenal as his fish.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, Iím happy

Platinum Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Kenny is my favorite, but I’ve not tried anyone else. Once you’ve dealt with Kenny, there’s no reason to go to anyone else. He is as phenomenal as his fish.
    Patty
    I totally agree with Patty.

I was hesitant to purchase Discus online. I did my research and emailed Kenny. Instead of waiting for days for a response, he called me to talk in person. I am going on my 5th order this month with him. He has helped me step by step to succeed in discus growing and hopefully I can see for myself parents raising their own frys.

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    I totally agree with Patty.

I was hesitant to purchase Discus online. I did my research and emailed Kenny. Instead of waiting for days for a response, he called me to talk in person. I am going on my 5th order this month with him. He has helped me step by step to succeed in discus growing and hopefully I can see for myself parents raising their own frys.
    I went to give Kenny a try 9 days ago but he has not answered my PM. What is his email? Maybe he doesn't log in often.

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Frank

I know he takes a week “off” after finishing shipment. Kenny will reply I am sure.

Platinum Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    I went to give Kenny a try 9 days ago but he has not answered my PM. What is his email? Maybe he doesn't log in often.
    You can email or call him directly at 650-290-1283. He answers to text quickly as well. He is usually available from 12pm - 12am.

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Patty

Kenny’s e-mail is: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    If the discus are happy, Iím happy

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    372 (100%)

Bobby, thank you so much for your positive feedback, I so greatly appreciate it! Glad you enjoy them and likewise I look forward to working with you again!

Patty, Stanley, Frank; thank you all so much for helping out, greatly appreciated! Hope you all are well!

Mando, I can be contacted at kennysdiscus@gmail.com or 650-290-1283. Thanks!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Registered Member
    iTrader

From personal experience, I can say...all stated above is true. Kenny recommended the fish for my order as well. I recall him saying to me to order the Albino Millennium Gold. "It won't have spots," he said. I used to raise wilds years ago, some purchased from Herman Chan at Fairly Lake. Kenny knows Herman. Because I wanted a wild I asked Kenny if he had any. "No," he replied, "but I have something for you." To my delight my order included a very large and beautiful Striped Alenquer. In my mind it is a show quality fish. It appears to my memory as a wild and that was all that I needed. Kenny said it was a male so I hope that this fish will be the center piece of my future breeding stock. So he hand selected my fish, I paid a fair price...and I do believe that he passed his shipping discounts on to me.
    Last edited by peewee1; 02-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.