ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloudy eye or more?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Cloudy eye or more?

Hi All, just an update, fish is looking much better. Most of the colour has returned. Now I just need it (don't know if its male/female) to eat. Any tips?after(2).jpg

Real Name
    Filip

I'm glad the eye and the darkening problem has resolved with the application of antibiotics Steve .
    The water looks cloudy in your QT . Take care of maintaining excellent water quallity because he needs it right now to heal and recover.
    If you are already done with the full course of the antibiotic 6-9 days , then you can start increasing the temperature to 34 C to stimulate it's appetite.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    I'm glad the eye and the darkening problem has resolved with the application of antibiotics Steve .
    The water looks cloudy in your QT . Take care of maintaining excellent water quallity because he needs it right now to heal and recover.
    If you are already done with the full course of the antibiotic 6-9 days , then you can start increasing the temperature to 34 C to stimulate it's appetite.
    Thanks for all your help. Yes water is very cloudy and has a very fishy smell. I've been doing 50% water changes, and thought it was the antibiotics causing it, but not sure. I currently have the temp at 31, but will bump it up to 34 as you have suggested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12