pic of month     Cafepress Store

Thread: Member Websites...please read before posting

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    221 (100%)

Exclamation Member Websites...please read before posting

HI all,
    I know a bunch of you have your own non-fish businesses and hobby websites. I thought you could use this section of the forum to share that. You may take out a thread here, share your business and link back to your website. I ask that if you do please link back to Simply as well.. You may sell products and services here as well in your thread... should do so, please don't forget the forum. donate!

Forum rules apply please nothing smut related, or illegal, harassing etc. You must have 30 posts minimum to share your business here.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-22-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>We really could use your support. Please DONATE HERE Thanks!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

iTrader
    Real Name
    TONY

Default Re: Member Websites...please read before posting

Great idea Al … but?? I may be outta line here since I don't have a 'dog' in this 'race' but say for example "JOE'S OIL CHANGE" is generating business on your site, shouldn't "JOE" remit a 'fee for service' (advertising) rather than a 'possible' donation?? "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    221 (100%)

Default Re: Member Websites...please read before posting

Hey Tony, Practically speaking that would be great but I no way of doing that here. Im looking at as we have some really good members here and I am willing to trust their honesty. I have a server with the space and bandwidth to do this and I would like to help our members here if I can. It would also help us here in SD indirectly. Its worth a gamble for me... and since it doesnt interfere with our sponsors revenue its no worry to me.

I think of the forum as a community and its only natural for a community to help each other.

One way of doing this is link backs.. a member can build a website to sell their widgets. It can be a great website and awesome widgets... But unless search engines find it, its not going to get alot of traffic. My limited understanding of SEO and websites is quality link backs can increase your websites ranking. Thats probably over simplified but I see it as a potential positive for trying this.

hth,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>We really could use your support. Please DONATE HERE Thanks!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com