AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Help with identifying strain

Registered Member

Default Help with identifying strain

Hey everyone, so I've been looking at this female at my LFS and I seem to have fallen in love with her. I'm seriously considering buying her to try to get her to breed with one of my Blue Turquoises, however, I just can't pinpoint what strain she is. She kinda looks like a turquoise mixed with some sort of wild to me. Any ideas ?
    (Also as a side note, any comments on her shape and general looks? She looks like a pretty decent fish to me)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Help with identifying strain

Nice shape and size .It's colours and pattern looks a little pale in this Photo , I wonder if it just this photo.
    How do you know if its a female and your Blue Turqs are male ?
    It looks like a Turq- Wild cross to me too and beside the pale coloration it's a nice looking discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Help with identifying strain

Yeah the phone camera makes it look kinda pale, it's not the best one around. The female was originally brought in as part of a pair, but the stupid male jumped out of the aquarium and killed himself. My turq used to breed with one of my pigeon bloods and I got to see his breeding tube, sadly they're no longer interested in each other for whatever reason so I thought I'd get him a better mate. (and a much more compatible one at that)