ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Please help!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Francine Hancock

Default Please help!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the discuss keeping world! I felt in love with discuss a while back when I saw them at a local fish store but have been scared to keep them since I heard that they are very hard to keep! I finally decided to buy some and purchased them from discussguy.com! The fish looked pretty good when arrived despite the fact that they looked totally different color from what I ordered. It’s been a couple months and one fish now has darkened and his fins look like it got chewed up and looks very sad. I did cycled my tank with guppies because the fish store guy told me that that was the best way to do it which I now know it’s something you should never do! So when I put the discuss in the tank it had guppies previously in it! I am afraid they have contracted parasites or a bacterial infection! Could anyone give me a help advice? I treated the tank with first dose yesterday with here ao cure and epsom salt!

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Please help!

Hi Francine and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you please follow this link and copy/paste it back to this thread? It may help us to identify what's going on with your discus...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete

Registered Member

Default Re: Please help!

One suggestion. A photo of the same new fish that you introduced to your tank and that same fish 30 days later can appear to be three different colors.