AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hernia?

Registered Member

Default Hernia?

Hello, I was given this Discus for free to see if I could heal it but not sure where to start. It appears to have a hernia? Any advice?

I just setup a 5 gallon tank, already cycled, to see if we can heal this poor guy. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Hernia?

Hello,
    Im really sorry but theres not much hope of turning that fish around. It looks like a prolapse and probably is infected. I honestly would euthanize it.

If you want to try otherwise try epsom salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gals water. It acts as a muscle relaxer of sorts . It may help.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Hernia?

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hello,
    Im really sorry but theres not much hope of turning that fish around. It looks like a prolapse and probably is infected. I honestly would euthanize it.

If you want to try otherwise try epsom salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gals water. It acts as a muscle relaxer of sorts . It may help.

al
    Thanks Al!

I’m not expecting him to make it but figured I would give it a try as the LFS was going to euthanize it.

I did treat it with epsom salt and some General Cure that I have on hand. I’ll give it a few days and see what happens.

Thanks again!