ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discus.com anyone?

Registered Member samurai.cichlid's Avatar

Default Re: Discus.com anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by warblad79 View Post
    Wow! Michael Li is getting fish from Gabe Posada of Jack Wattley discus. are you sure you know what you're talking about? Those fish are not directly coming from Kenny or any other vendor. He stole pictures from them but lies about the source. So if you see kenny's pictures and purchase it then you're getting fish from Gabe. So tell me how does he not hurting their business?
    you're absolutely right if that's the case. that's exactly what i meant when i said...

i do wonder though if he mixes and matches vendors for a particular strain though, in which case you could argue he's impacting business.
    and brew is spot on that i'm probably going way too far in terms of speculation, but i didn't consider that he'd use X supplier's picture and then not source from X supplier if X supplier had said strain available. but, i guess he could be doing that if Y supplier has that strain at a cheaper price.

so i concede there actually is a possibility he could be affecting their business. you're absolutely right. but usually a drop shipping business would be a benefit to a supplier.

but it's all a bit of a non issue because nobody on simply discus has to go through that kind of middleman because the vendor list here is excellent. so i'll probably call it a day on this thread.

i'm not a fan of unnecessary conflict and since i'm new here i'd hate to get a reputation for being quarrelsome. not my intention at all. just trying to maybe use my knowledge of e-commerce to illuminate what i think is going on here.

no hard feelings i hope and all respect to reputable vendors and forum members alike!

✌✌✌

Quote Originally Posted by samurai.cichlid View Post
    you're absolutely right if that's the case. that's exactly what i meant when i said...

and brew is spot on that i'm probably going way too far in terms of speculation, but i didn't consider that he'd use X supplier's picture and then not source from X supplier if X supplier had said strain available. but, i guess he could be doing that if Y supplier has that strain at a cheaper price.

so i concede there actually is a possibility he could be affecting their business. you're absolutely right. but usually a drop shipping business would be a benefit to a supplier.

but it's all a bit of a non issue because nobody on simply discus has to go through that kind of middleman because the vendor list here is excellent. so i'll probably call it a day on this thread.

i'm not a fan of unnecessary conflict and since i'm new here i'd hate to get a reputation for being quarrelsome. not my intention at all. just trying to maybe use my knowledge of e-commerce to illuminate what i think is going on here.

no hard feelings i hope and all respect to reputable vendors and forum members alike!

✌✌✌
    No hard feelings at all.
    You are actually saying what everyone else is- it just kinda got muddled in the middle with misunderstanding.

✌✌✌
    No hard feelings for me as well, just stating the facts and let everyone aware. I'm happy support those honest vendors

Real Name
    Brian

✌✌✌
    I don't think you are quarrelsome at all and please don't refrain from posting your .02 cents whenever you feel. This is a discussion board so we discuss, lol... Sometimes we have a difference of opinion, but that's how we all learn!

I don't know how long you've kept discus, but you are new here. Conversations like this educate the every day hobbyist and at the same time expose the shady side of the "business"...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    William

This guy is a complete scammer and I would stay away, far away!

I was inquiring and was planning on buying a few Altums from him (before I read reviews here). He described them as Jumbo/palm size. So I was asking some questions about them...ph and how longs he’s had them shipped in, the condition their in, etc. I know how touchy these altums are, specially if they were brought in “Jumbo”. Acclimating them will be a real challenge. I was also asking his if he can send me tank pictures of the group he’s selling. I was surprised when he said that he only send pictures for existing orders. And he said if I don’t like them, he’ll cancel the order. So I asked if I get penalized 15% restocking fee...then he said Absolutely!.

Wow! This is the first time I’ve been basically asked to order first, then you’ll see the fish later. Very interesting way to get (or shall I say “force”) business.

I then said I will discuss this experience at forums to get feedback about the inquiry....I guess the threads I’ve read basically answered my questions about this guy’s reputation.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

There's people here that can direct you to good quality altums. They may post here, but I suggest starting a thread asking specifically what you're after.
    Glad you found your buyer beware answer re this guy...

Real Name
    Brian

Typical of someone who is not in possession of the fish you are asking about, lol... I imagine his altums come from Wattley...

This guy does not have a facility. You place the order, he then orders from Wattley, and Wattley ships directly to you. Michael Li has no fish and doesn’t ship. He never sees or handles the livestock.

He steals pictures from other vendors to bait you into ordering, then places an order at a totally different vendor who does not have the fish in his pictures. So it’s worse than drop-shipping. It’s an outright scam. It’s like showing you an iPhone and then having someone ship you one of those garbage knock-offs from China.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

He wanted to sell my breeding cones. He would take the orders, get most of the $$, and I had to ship the cones to whoever ordered them, then I got a few $$. Told him no way. But another pottery person said yes to his scam.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Bill G.

I thought I’d stay out of this, but had to chime in.

1. Kenny does not get his fish from a Gabe. His single source is Forest.
    2. Kenny’s pics are the actual fish sold. I’ve even ordered specific fish that I saw in his listings and got exactly what was pictured.
    3. Went to discus.com today and saw several listings with photos from Kenny’s site. I went so far as to match the wrinkles in the palms of the fish in hand at Discus.com to the wrinkles in the hands of Forest from Kenny’s monthly listing. Yes, sadly, pics are, to this day, still used wo permission from Kenny.
    4. Kenny has class and has stayed out of this particular fray even though he has every right to be upset (POed).
    5. If Kenny takes a while to get the fish I want, it’s worth the wait. I will gladly wait to get the best actual fish he has personally cared for prior to shipping to his clients.
    6. Mike L. is a pleasant man to speak with, but his not actually dealing with the specific fish I’d be buying and wrongful use of pics that are not his, steer me away. I would have no problem with Mike brokering fish as mentioned above, but it’s not for me. I do have a problem with unauthorized use of pics to make sales.....plain and simple.

I have no ill wishes for Mike......just wish he’d state clearly how he does what he does and he’d refrain from his pic practice.

Respectfully, Bill

Bill, if I didn't know any better then I'd say you're side by side with me drinking beers together I think the portions you're replying to are from last year (early 2019 posts about the dude using others pics)... yep, poking fun of you ... but only because that's something I'd do . That said, I still agree with you.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    JACK AGLIATA

I like and appreciate your unemotional analysis of the issue. I almost bought from Li also but when I realized I had seen the pictures beforehand I went direct to Kenny and also direct to Gabe in Florida.

Registered Member

This Li guy is a joke. Hes a joke scammer. i ordered 3 items from him all on separate days. i received one of three items which i had tracking for. i talked to him on the phone asking about the status and tracking info for the other 2 items, he stated he did not have since i would have coat moremoney for shipping. He blamed in on covid an told me to wait. I ended up opening a dispute with paypal. At this point he gave them thw tracking number that showed the 1 item that did deliver and they closed the dispute in his favour. I will be calling paypal again to get my money back since i have proof what was associated to the tracking is not the other 2 items. hes a loser and a scammer dont waste your time and money on this fool. one day he will gwt hia teeth kicked in!!
    Last edited by jeep; 03-08-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Registered Member

I wish I researched.
    Their site looked amazing and whoever did thier site must be a genius as it is very nice and makes you want to buy with the shipping timers..
    The amazing vast list of Discus should have been a red flag.

As all that is a deep fake lie! As they will not ship any fish, anytime soon.
    I waiting over 3 mo before my discus came in.
    They didn't look like the pictures either. At least they were the right size.

Then the wild Altum angles arrived sick with rottted fins mostly gone, with dreaded white fuzz and gill flukes. They were really bad shape.
    It took a month to cure them and their fins/ventrals still not fully recovered.

And then the guy lies over and over again in emails, that he will be sending the missing clown loaches that never came, months later.

People like this should not be in business.
    Quote:
    "Our facilities collectively house over 30,000 gallons, 25,000 discus fish, and 90+ strains at any given time"...

I believe this is a flagrant lie.
    They do not offer any public view of their "facility" and do not do any type of pickup, curbside or otherwise.
    This adds to the suspicion that they are a fraudulent service.
    Last edited by Maxx134; 03-11-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast