AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 29 Gallon LFS DISCUS Tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default My 29 Gallon LFS DISCUS Tank

I have been here for almost 2 months I joined simply discus the same I got my first two discus one I got with a gift card my Daughter give me for Christmas and I bought the other one they around 2 or 2.5 inches after getting them home and in the tank I thought well I'd better find some info in discus because all I knew about them was about was the price that they get pretty good size and a pretty big verity of colors and patterns so I did a Google search and have seen enough of JOEY THE DIY KING Videos to know he knows what he is doing so when I seen DIY KING How To Keep Discus I knew that's the one I gonna watch so I did it Al's presentation blowed my mind and the very next place I went was here to SD started reading discus for beginners and then started going through the sticky's just picking whatever I thought I may need to know first or next and no it wasn't long before they started staying in one spot all clamped up ask for help got good advice and in just short time they were back to normal swimming around doing better and they did better each day I'm so thankful for really good friendly people on here SD I wasn't treated with anything but respect kindness

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations
    Last edited by Combo; 02-23-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default Re: My 29 Gallon LFS DISCUS Tank

Not knowing anything about how to pick a good Discus out from a bad discus at the time Soon after I learned these guys were football shape eye to body ratio not very good and that LFS is not the place to get discus from so I after seeing the grow out challenge I started reading everyone's post and started following and started doing the things the challengers were doing and having such good results and I started seeing a difference in very quick I will take the time here and now to say THANKS FOR TAKEN PART IN THIS CHALLENGE AND SHOWING US ALL THE GREAT FISH YOU HAVE RAISED, AND TELL US WHEN, HOW AND WHAT STEPS YOU ARE TAKEN TO GROW THEM SO WELL!!!! I Wish I had found SD before this challenge started I would have loved to been part of it I would not have knew where to start or when, how or what to do for a couple weeks until some of the post most you challengers made your post so I could copy when, how and what you all are doing as I have sense late December.
    I have learned and continue to learn everyday or I'm trying

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Three weeks later I got three more of the batch to at least have five trying to help the two feel more safe because when anyone passed the tank they would just darted across the tank bang and bounce off of anything and everything in the tank hurting theirself I was scared they was just gonna hit the glass hard enough to kill theirself I wanted to get fry from Al but I was concerned of the size difference and they being from different sources so I felt I had no other choice but to get more from the LFS [/ATTACH]IMG_20190120_165234670.jpgIMG_20190125_230349034.jpg 3 weeks and at the time of getting the 3 other siblings I moved them to a 55 gallon tank and then I read a post on SD that they should not be in that big of tank to much room and they burn to many calories swimming in that much area so I put moved them back to the 29 gallon tank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Combo; 02-23-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

I have been interduced to the source of these discus the LFS got these guys from and have learned that he bought them from a breeder about 60 miles from here at the size of quarter in Sept that puts time way way against me when buying them the size they were made me think they couple to 3 months old from Sept to Feb. Is five months so in Sept the size of quarter 1.5 to 2 months would this be correct

Real Name
    Patty

You’ve done a great job giving these guys a new lease on life. I started here in similar circumstances. The great thing about you is that you made the necessary changes. I love the before and after pics as it reminds me of my own rocky start. So your fish may not be as healthy, round, or big, but whether you rehome them and start fresh or see what these can attain, you are either way, a successful discus keeper now. Love your story!
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    You’ve done a great job giving these guys a new lease on life. I started here in similar circumstances. The great thing about you is that you made the necessary changes. I love the before and after pics as it reminds me of my own rocky start. So your fish may not be as healthy, round, or big, but whether you rehome them and start fresh or see what these can attain, you are either way, a successful discus keeper now. Love your story!
    Patty
    +1

Real Name
    Willie

Gravel => Bare Bottom. Way to go!

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Thank you Patty that

Thank you so much Patty for those kind words made some inside and out Thanks

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Thank you Frank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Thanks Willie

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

1550950880188-560310897.jpg This guy measurements is 3 an1/2 body to the end of tail measures 4 an 3/8

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

1550951609090-1252767822.jpg. This one 3 an 3/4 include tail 4an1/4. This one has become my most trusting fish is always the first to front and top of tank when I walk up and the first one that started eating out of my hand before I can get the fdbw cube stuck to the glass . They were all sold to the LFS AS MALE how that was determined I don't know
    Last edited by Combo; 02-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Attachment 122823. 3 an 1/4. W/tail 4"

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

15509529053741003481246.jpg. 2 an 3/4 w/tail 3an1/4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast