Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 29 Gallon LFS DISCUS Tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default Re: My 29 Gallon LFS DISCUS Tank

Registered Member

you are looking good Combo. Your challenge can be to with proper nutrition and care to crow them to be show quality fishes. I have the same. Five fish, 30 gallon tank, the small one is 4 inches and the large is near 6 inches.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Thanks for the encouraging words peewee !! All I can do is keep feeding, and change water everyday these guys had pretty rough start from the size of quarter in sept they in a tank and got one water change a week is the man that sold them to the LFS told me let's call him Mr.A I didn't ask how much he fees them a day Mr A sold them to the fish he was breeding angel fish and something else I don't remember what it was and bought the discus was going to breed them to sell the LFS and decided he didn't have time to breed fish that he would stick to birds and yard animals " goats, pigs, and other things

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Just want to say "I truly feel the success these fish have shown is not mine But is (simply discus success) and I could not have done this without each and every members post" So Thank You All

Real Name
    Patty

These guys are definitely keepers imho. I hope you’ll keep us updated as they grow. Their shape and coloring is beautiful and my guess is you won’t know these were lfs discus 10 mos from now.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly on the people here. Learning how to care for discus has made me an overall better fish keeper with my other tanks. I’ve always had a thing for fish, but had grown bored or “had no luck” with certain fish that now thrive for me. Your thread will help so many others who end up in your circumstances and give them hope and something to shoot for. Good luck Combo-we’re all rooting for you!
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Jack

Nice job with those Discus combo. I'm 3 months into my Discus and I purchased them from Kenny's Discus. If you need any advise or just have questions he is a "GO TO" person with a ton of knowledge with Discus. Here are my Discus https://youtu.be/7Zy9Aog0xTk. Keep up the nice work with those beautiful Discus! Have a good day!

Looking very good indeed! Keep up the great work!!!!!! You are doing an excellent job so far Timothy!!!!!
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

THANKS PATTY, JACK,AND AL, FOR YOUR POST YES Patty I will keep them after getting them where they was at it is like now they are showing me that appreciate what I do for them by growing and getting the round shape being so colorful I couldn't let them go and then think they were put in not so good water or not get enough to eat or have some other illness come along and their new keeper not notice try to figure out what it is if something needs to be done or not and they suffer anymore they have been through enough in my opinion and I couldn't do it, there is still 4 of this same group at the place and they are so small I can't stand it knowing they are there and not getting the water and food they need SAD SAD SAD!!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

I love the video jack nice fish nice tank thats cool

Real Name
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post
    I love the video jack nice fish nice tank thats cool
    Thanks combo!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by fivestar68 View Post
    Nice job with those Discus combo. I'm 3 months into my Discus and I purchased them from Kenny's Discus. If you need any advise or just have questions he is a "GO TO" person with a ton of knowledge with Discus. Here are my Discus https://youtu.be/7Zy9Aog0xTk. Keep up the nice work with those beautiful Discus! Have a good day!
    Jack, both you and I got fish from the same Kenny month. Have yours attempted to spawn yet?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

It's been almost two weeks since last post I been sick post on this tank I have kept the sane feeding and water change schedule fish doing OK had one to get spooked yesterday and darted across the tank bumped in to the heater and broke the glass tube don't know if the fish run I. To it head and it hit the tank glass to make it break or exactly what or how it happened but it did I've read somewhere don't know if it was a post on SD or where it was that you shouldn't approach discus tank in a black shirt has anyone proven this or is it a myth? I am not sure but I did have on a back shirt lol

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

The fish have grown maybe a quarter of an inch just going by the tape on front of tank I haven't took them out of tank to measure them looking at them everyday I don't notice the growth much, I do notice the shape and can see they just keep getting more round Grow rate has slowed seems like as they at 4 inches a couple just over and couple just under 4 inch. At the LFS I meet a man who has a 46 gallon bow front tank he said it was to big for the area he had to put it in his house we talked about trading as this 29 gallon is 7 inches shorter and it fit in the space but haven't heard anything else about it 3 days ago I don't know if the tank size has any thing to do with the growth or not

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

IMG_20190307_112955279.jpg. OK this morning the fish look darker and they are very skiddish all grouped up very tight towards the back of tank not swimming around like usual when anyone walks by tank they start darting back and forth too to bottom bumping in to everything like wild bucks they just all of a sudden stop and look as they gliding or hovering just wonder what could have happen or what is going on if anyone can help with idea's thinks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast