AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Project

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: Sunday Project

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Patty thats a beautiful piece of wood. Its too bad it clouded the water like that. Was this piece of wood green/fresh cut?

Al
    It’s manzanita wood, but I do think it’s a fresher cut as my other pieces were a dark brown color. It also is so much thicker than my previous branch pieces. I love this piece, but wanted to warn those who might see mine and say, “I want a piece of that.” For me, another 40 gal wc every couple days isn’t a deal breaker. Ha ha
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I知 happy

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Great addition to your big tank Patty .
    Leave it in an aging barrel for a month or two , and change boiling hot water there every other day ot two. It's would be enough time for it to sink and neutralize it's tannins there instead in your tank . Fungus can be more stubborn thoug , but it should be harmless to discus as far as my experience with it goes.

Filip, you always have the best ideas. Boiling hot water sounds like a great idea to speed up the process. I’m definitely going to try it. Thanks!
    Patty

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Hi Patty,beautiful piece,also #1 for the sterbai corys I have six that over two years old and I love them and the warm temps are what they like,also one of those lotus plants would be great in their.They grow on a bulb so could be placed in a container with gravel or sand.I now have 5 of them so could send you one if you decide to go that way...Ed

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
    Hi Patty,beautiful piece,also #1 for the sterbai corys I have six that over two years old and I love them and the warm temps are what they like,also one of those lotus plants would be great in their.They grow on a bulb so could be placed in a container with gravel or sand.I now have 5 of them so could send you one if you decide to go that way...Ed
    That’s the plant I was loving in your tank! I would love to get my hands on one of those! Thanks! I would happily pay you too. It’s going to be a while before I can get it and would probably be better for the plant to wait for the spring thaw up there too. Ha ha. Wow that was so very nice of you! Thanks again!
    Patty

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Not a problem they are not going anywhere.Let me know when your ready and if you can just pay the 7.00 for shipping that will be great or don't worry about it and I will handle it...Ed

That's so nice of you, Doogy.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
    Not a problem they are not going anywhere.Let me know when your ready and if you can just pay the 7.00 for shipping that will be great or don't worry about it and I will handle it...Ed
    More than happy to do that! Thanks for making my day Ed. I’m already picturing that tiger lily in my tank.
    Patty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12