AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Local Pet shop closed?

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Local Pet shop closed?

Harry there was an Ed’s off sunrise hwy in Lindenhurst but it’s gone. One of the owners has a place off wellwood ave south shore tropical. Nice place and well kept. No idea about Billy Bs.

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    David Janssen never looked happy - I always thought he had issues besides being a fugitive.
    You're right. He did seem troubled.
    But I always thought he was just playing the character real good.
    Hey I was a kid then.

V

Registered Member

STL MO here. I have 2 good local options. I can't decide whether I'm lucky to have them both within a mile or if it makes me buy too much.

One is under new ownership the past year. He is amazing. Sells and breeds discus. Very loving breeder and has a half dozen stories where he refused to sell his discus to inexperienced owners. He also buys discus from local sellers and breeds some pretty ones.

Half his store is fresh and half saltwater and he has a second employee who handles the salt water.

The other very close one has a smaller selection of saltwater but a pretty decent size overall. Their discus are pretty dull compared to the other and they somehow always have dozens of panda corys that will die within 2 weeks of purchase selling at 13 bucks a piece (I know pandas are fragile but it seems like a markup).

Further away from the city throughout stl County (10 mi radius) there are about 4 other local stores. I've only ventured out to one and their discus were sad looking and it is honestly a massive store but not as well maintained as the other two.

I'm sad to hear the minimal selections others have... of course there are probably half a dozen petco/smart in the same area but I would certainly be sad if I had to actually consider them a 'fish' store... supply store sure.

You can check out my main guy Ken at Art of Aquaria if you are in the area. He is a delight and so helpful and has great fish. Back when I was so keen on having pandas he stopped me from buying his new shipment as he thought they looked bad. They were all dead the next day. Check him out on Facebook the store usually has weekly posts of new stock.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234