Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wild Spawn ...so happy!

Real Name
    Frank

Default Re: Wild Spawn ...so happy!

Add me for consideration. Thanks!

Registered Member damian_ireland's Avatar

Hey, how did these guys turn out Al ? Also, could you share your early days feeding regime ?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_ireland View Post
    Hey, how did these guys turn out Al ? Also, could you share your early days feeding regime ?
    Hi Damian,

Heres some pics I posted a short while ago in Pats thread ( sibling fish of mine)

IMGP1784

IMGP1789

IMGP1790

IMGP1793

My wilds are treated like domestics, so the all get Freeze Dried blackworms. The fry when they are free swimming and attached to parents several days get baby brine shrimp several times aday.. Then they graduate to crushed flake, I use HBH brand, seafood lovers mix... and Freeze Dried Blackworm fines. I also introduce them to crushed Diskus Gold pellets and eventually mostly Freeze Dried Blackworms.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hi Damian,

Heres some pics I posted a short while ago in Pats thread ( sibling fish of mine)

IMGP1784

IMGP1789

IMGP1790

IMGP1793

My wilds are treated like domestics, so the all get Freeze Dried blackworms. The fry when they are free swimming and attached to parents several days get baby brine shrimp several times aday.. Then they graduate to crushed flake, I use HBH brand, seafood lovers mix... and Freeze Dried Blackworm fines. I also introduce them to crushed Diskus Gold pellets and eventually mostly Freeze Dried Blackworms.

al
    BBS when they attach to the parents or several days after they attach to the parents?

Real Name
    Gerald Mann

Those fish are beautiful, Al! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    BBS when they attach to the parents or several days after they attach to the parents?
    I wait several days after they attach.. sometimes as long as a week. I believe the feeding off the sides of the parents after freeswimming stimulates the parents slime cells to produce more slime which is needed when the fry are bigger and eating more..I also think it strengthens the parent fry bond and the bond between the parents. No proof of this ..its just what I believe from my experiences.Often I think we rush things.. rush to feed bbs..rush to feed other foods.I have to.wonder if all the rushing is part of why many novices see fry die offs after several weeks...

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gillmann View Post
    Those fish are beautiful, Al! Great job!
    Thank you Gerald.. Considering they came at a pretty bad time for me.. Im happy with them.

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I wait several days after they attach.. sometimes as long as a week. I believe the feeding off the sides of the parents after freeswimming stimulates the parents slime cells to produce more slime which is needed when the fry are bigger and eating more..I also think it strengthens the parent fry bond and the bond between the parents. No proof of this ..its just what I believe from my experiences.Often I think we rush things.. rush to feed bbs..rush to feed other foods.I have to.wonder if all the rushing is part of why many novices see fry die offs after several weeks...

Al
    Hi Al, I also think folks using freeze dried foods which are not fully hydrated adds to fry dieoff as the food sucks the moisture from the fry body.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234