AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: fish look as if someone squeezed fish in middle with thumb and index finger

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default fish look as if someone squeezed fish in middle with thumb and index finger

ok I seen it somewhere but I can't find it now someone said fish look as if someone took index finger and thumb and pinched fish in center of the body what does that mean if fish look that way

Registered Member

Default Re: fish look as if someone squeezed fish in middle with thumb and index finger

I see them
    They are easily seen on some solid color Discus like the Blue
    Diamonds and solid yellows. Sometimes pinch in on one side and a small bump the other side. This is a genetic inbred problem at the mid spine. Discus with patterns are
    more difficult to spot. These are fish that should have been
    culled at an early age but difficult for the breeder to spot.

Cliff

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Default Re: fish look as if someone squeezed fish in middle with thumb and index finger

this morning my look very dark almost black i give them food they all eat, Few hours latter I looked and 3 of the 5 where black the other 2 very dark in color so I did about 95% water change, then they all looked normal for a little while and now have turned dark again just wonder if I should do something more . I have checked everything and nothing looks any different poop is all black at one point i did see one of them bumping against air line to the sponge filter I don't know if he was trying to scratch his face on it or he was just attacking it for some reason but for all the fish to be dark I took some pictures but they not showing how dark they look I post the pictures of them on my 29 gallon LFS discus thread