ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Gill Fluke treatment with prazi

Registered Member

Default Gill Fluke treatment with prazi

Hi to everyone,

Everything started 6 months ago when I bought new group of discus. I bought 2 groups from two other sources and one of them had flukes don’t know which one. I put them in to the tank with my discus. So all my fish effected flukes. Most of them started using one gill. I’ve tried to treat them with prazi for a while then I switch to pp. with pp everything worked well but always flukes came back. So now I’m trying to treat with prazi for 21 days. Tank is bare bottom and has some anubiuas attached to java rock. It’s been 10 days I have prazi in my tank. They are really slow breathing now, no more flashing but 2 of them are still using one gill. Is it normal or prazi is not working? 2 of them is still blacking (not much but they are not comfortable).

Default Re: Gill Fluke treatment with prazi

It sounds like you may have some resistance going on.. I would switch to another fluke med when done with the prazi to knock out the resistent flukes.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Gill Fluke treatment with prazi

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    It sounds like you may have some resistance going on.. I would switch to another fluke med when done with the prazi to knock out the resistent flukes.

al
    Thanks Al
    I bought some flubendazole, next week will end treating with prazi then give them one week recovery and try flubendazole.
    Thanks. Do you have idea how long I should treat with flu?