AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 120 Build

Default Re: New 120 Build

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    What are MP's?
    This is a MP. This fish was my favorite for a long time.

New Couple 1 (3).JPGMP male.jpg50608 (2).JPG

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by troyclark View Post
    No discus YET !!!

As soon as I get some confidence in the sump, I will be on the hunt for some nice orange fish. Really missing that fish in my avatar... Plan on 6-8 of them. I was planning on hitting you and Jack up for some in the near future.
    Is this orange enough?

golds 08-28-18.jpg

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

The first photo from post 16, the left Discus looks like my marlboro. I love these fish!!

Brian, how many different strains do you have? Jeesh those red ones are beautiful.

Real Name
    Brian

I have Turqs, Curipera X's, SS, red Covers and these Red or Orange ones. The "Tangerine Dreams" as someone called them, are the only ones spawning at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Is this orange enough?

golds 08-28-18.jpg
    Exactly what is was thinking. I'll take the lot LOL. Are you selling any of those or are they future breeders?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Why add the Rams and tetras first Troy? Then you have to QT your discus outside the main tank, or risk cross contaminating them with any pathogens your Rams and tetras may be carriers of. With all the effort you've gone to to establish a great looking display it seems very risky to do it the way you're planning...

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Why add the Rams and tetras first Troy? Then you have to QT your discus outside the main tank, or risk cross contaminating them with any pathogens your Rams and tetras may be carriers of. With all the effort you've gone to to establish a great looking display it seems very risky to do it the way you're planning...
    I agree with that if I was getting my discus from unknown sources. But, I will only be getting discus from people I know who are even pickier and more dedicated to quality and health than I was or am (if you knew me that would explain a lot LOL) and I am lucky to be a 2 hour drive from both so quarantine will not be necessary. I want all the kinks and cycling established before I introduce the discus into my display. Hope that makes sense...

Plus, the tank mates will all be thoroughly quarantined and healthy before I even think I'm ready for the discus.

Thanks for the input.

Real Name
    Brian

I usually hang on to my adults... I get too attached, lol... For you I may consider, let me think on that.

Otherwise, I have a possible pair and a confirmed pair and I'm setting up a tank for them this weekend. Hopefully there will be little ones soon!

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Troy whilst your plan has the appearance of being water tight based on your reasons, it is inherently flawed. I would spare you potential disaster and encourage you to read through this thread I created called "hero fish question". It outlines my experience bringing 2 groups of healthy fish together after literal months of QT, good health, eating like pigs, etc. Outstandingly healthy looking fish can be carriers of pathogens that other outstandingly healthy fish will succumb to. Plz read and consider your next move carefully mate.
    Al also wrote a thread recently outlining his thoughts over decades of keeping discus. I would check it out as well as it's a treasure trove of insight & wisdom. Point one is about QT.
    I wish you well mate!

I usually hang on to my adults... I get too attached, lol... For you I may consider, let me think on that.

Otherwise, I have a possible pair and a confirmed pair and I'm setting up a tank for them this weekend. Hopefully there will be little ones soon!
    Any luck with the spawns? Do you have any subadults your willing to part with? If not, no biggie, just like to start with who and what I know LOL. Planning on checking with Jack and Ryan also....

Real Name
    Brian

Since I moved them they're on strike.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Since I moved them they're on strike.
    is it me or it seems like discus have a seasonal temperament despite not experiencing any seasons lol. Maybe an internal clock? Seems like everyone's discus are on strike. Mine sure are. Troy, can't wait to see your tank full of these! They are one of my favorites.

Real Name
    Willie

Jack is still doing discus?
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Mark

Ok I have the exceptions, I have two pairs laying eggs 2 days apart for the last couple weeks. But they were on strike for 4 months.

Real Name
    Pat

Awesome build, always love the in-wall look!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast