ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Success at last! My original batch.

Registered Member

Default Success at last! My original batch.

Well I did it! Success at last. My original pair that was thought to be 2 females. My 5.5 inch King Flora and a 4 inch red melon male. About 40 to 50 fry. They are now 15 days old from attachment to Mom.. I removed the 4 inch male after 2 days cause the fought and they never attach to him 2 tops.

3 days ago when I feed the mom beefheart something amazing happened! Almost all started going crazy for the beefheart and today they seem to be all eating it. They also still eat the brine shrimp and 1st bits.

It it normally ok for them to eat the beefheart?

Registered Member

Default Re: Success at last! My original batch.

Well done! I am always curious what the different pairings will produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewjo11 View Post
    Well I did it! Success at last. My original pair that was thought to be 2 females. My 5.5 inch King Flora and a 4 inch red melon male. About 40 to 50 fry. They are now 15 days old from attachment to Mom.. I removed the 4 inch male after 2 days cause the fought and they never attach to him 2 tops.

3 days ago when I feed the mom beefheart something amazing happened! Almost all started going crazy for the beefheart and today they seem to be all eating it. They also still eat the brine shrimp and 1st bits.

It it normally ok for them to eat the beefheart?
    They will graze off any of the foods you feed the parents. More so if the parents arent making alot of slime. That they are eating is awesome. .. Now you can feed them well and be sure to do lots of water changes.

With all the breeding you are doing you are going to be swimming in fry soon! I see more tanks in your future!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Ya I feed the Mom beefheart and the baby fry go nuts! I can't believe these little guys are eating it big part! I hope they don't chock! Lol. Now my yellow pair are getting ready to hatch there eggs! They also where very successful there 1st try last time. Problem is they fought too much. I will remove one of them problem is which on. One is the coward. Always afraid and it the biggest. The other small felmale is strong and always starts the fights. Which one??? Probably doesn't matter. Lol

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Congratulations...always exciting to have them get that far...good luck with their continued growth
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Filip

Congrats on your success Lewjo .

Registered Member

Congrats, now the hard part of waterchanges.

Cliff

Registered Member

What's a Ute, Vinny?

Registered Member

Very excited still. Never be afraid to pull one of the Fish. This was a fish I had from day 1. He was a hugh bully and killed many Discus. Now she is paying me back.

Registered Member

30722.jpg the 1 time I've ever seem this fish happy. Most of the time zero stress lines

Registered Member

Now I have another batch about 50. They are a light Yellow color I took the Mom out too much fighting. The key is a blue light. Use it all the time since 4 days free swimming. They mostly have attached 3 days ago. Not risking for at least 3 days more. Hope blue light doesn't cause damage to eyes. Some still scatter when I turn on the white light.