pic of month     Golden State Discus

Thread: New air pump and established air pump help

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default New air pump and established air pump help

Hello all has anyone used or heard of the Fuji mac air pump for a fish room central air pump. Also the medo pumps everyone seems to like I hear that they cannot be rebuilt they have a rebuild kit but the piston wears out the sleeve and it wont give out pressure after a rebuild. Does anyone have any experience with either of these.

iTrader
    12 (100%)

Default Re: New air pump and established air pump help

The Medo pumps don't have a rebuild kit because they last forever. I bought some used about 15 years ago eand they'r still going strong. I have no experience with the Fuji pumps.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    iTrader

Good deal on those used pumps 15 years!! is that running 24/7 for 15 years.The Medo pumps do sell a rebuild kit only problem is they don't rebuild well as the cylinder gets worn down and you cant get pressure. Manufactor of pump only rates these pumps at 6 years.I know a lot of people get longer but I aint so lucky and a pump I cant rebuild after so many years is kind of a deal breaker for me.I have heard the medo once made a diaphragm pump that was supposed to be best pump ever made.The Fuji mac pumps are kinda new here in U.S.A But not in Japan they hold a 40% share of pumps working their and these are supposed to be a hot item. Quiet, runs cool , lasts a long time between rebuilds [and it is rebuildable] which is 5 to 9 years and a very low running cost. Also I can buy a 60l Fuji mac cheaper than a 45l medo more pump less money.I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy the Fuji Mac.

iTrader
    12 (100%)

You've done a lot of research so I'm certain that you're making the right choice.
    Mama Bear

iTrader

Check 'Pondmaster' too...they do have easy rebuilt kits too
    http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams