AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Another chicken recipe

Default Another chicken recipe

I can't make a recipe of my own to save my life like my cooking hero Paul can, so I am asking his advice on this recipe. He is a serious cook.

Paul, What do the taste buds in your mind think about this recipe? I'm thinking of making it with pork. I'm a bit burned out on Chicken.

My taste buds in my mind is that it needs a bit of heat. I bet a Serrano pepper would do the job well enough.
    Mama Bear

Default Re: Another chicken recipe

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I can't make a recipe of my own to save my life like my cooking hero Paul can, so I am asking his advice on this recipe. He is a serious cook.

Paul, What do the taste buds in your mind think about this recipe? I'm thinking of making it with pork. I'm a bit burned out on Chicken.

My taste buds in my mind is that it needs a bit of heat. I bet a Serrano pepper would do the job well enough.
    Have you developed a separate recipe Liz ? - if so please post the ingredient details.

If it's a variation of my chicken paprika with onions, etc., using pork instead of chicken - that sounds quite doable - especially using pork tenderloin.

As for the heat, I regularly use Serrano peppers in recipes for adding good heat - more so than Jalapenos - go for it !

Shoot, I forgot to post the link. I found it on the internet same as all the stuff I cook. I'm not creative in the kitchen.
    https://www.epicurious.com/expert-ad...recipe-article
    Mama Bear

Liz, I think that pork tenderloin cut into approx. 1/2"-3/4" medallions would lend itself very nicely to this chicken recipe - prepared/cooked the same way as the recipe calls for, and using the same ingredients, would be a taste winner !

Just keep in mind that Sriracha brings some heat with it besides real good flavor, so if you want to add more heat by way of finely diced Serrano pepper, don't overdo it - a whole Serrano would bring more heat than you want for serving one person, I believe, so try it with no more than a 1/3 to 1/2 of a pepper with ribs & seeds removed - that should do nicely.

The ingredients list including the sriracha, honey, sesame seeds & oil, and ginger, etc. would as a combo enhance the pork flavor very well imo - so it does sound like a good bet to substitute for the chicken in this recipe.

Thanks, Paul
    Mama Bear