AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waterbox 230.6 Blackwater Discus tank build

Registered Member

Default Re: Waterbox 230.6 Blackwater Discus tank build

Quote Originally Posted by lpsouth1978 View Post
    OK, so there have been some changes to this system. It still has the Discus in it, at least for now, but I removed all of the sand, rocks, organics, and manzanita. I replaced all of these things with fake decorations. I think the tank looks fantastic even though I am a big fan of the more natural set-up I had before. I think this will be much easier to maintain and may allow me to perform fewer water changes. I also think the new look brings out the colors of the discus really well. Let me know what you think of the new look.

2019-08-19_06-47-24 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr
    WOW! What a 180 from the original set-up. Did something happen to the auto water change system? I have a drip go into my sump at about 3 gph and the overflow goes to my garden and I am hoping to maintain this current set up for a while. My dozen discus and 150 rummies arrive tomorrow....

_DSC2092.JPG

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by des275 View Post
    WOW! What a 180 from the original set-up. Did something happen to the auto water change system? I have a drip go into my sump at about 3 gph and the overflow goes to my garden and I am hoping to maintain this current set up for a while. My dozen discus and 150 rummies arrive tomorrow....

_DSC2092.JPG
    thats a beautiful tank! You gotta post your own thread when the fish arrive!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lyle

Quote Originally Posted by des275 View Post

_DSC2092.JPG
    It is a huge change for sure. My AWC system went to the garbage. I was having too much trouble with the waste water. There was simply too much water for the garden and the HOA kept plugging the outlet that went into the wash behind me. In the end it was just too much hassle for too little return.

Your tank is stunning, can't wait to see it full!

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Lyle the new scape looks great mate...I agree that it profiles your discus better than the previous, and will be easier to maintain. Good choice bud ��

Real Name
    Ricardo

I know this is a very old post but Al directed me here and wanted to bring this to the top

anyone know the OP for this build?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

The OP was here for a bit, then poof! Gone. I don't think that anyone knows the OP personally.
    Mama Bear

I actually sent an email today to them.. hoping for an update.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

An update would be amazing. I’m preparation to build out my SW tank I started getting more comfortable with the idea of automation. Still a dream of mine to do a big build like OP

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234