ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tim’s tank 🐠🐠

Registered Member

Default Re: Tim’s tank 🐠🐠

Quote Originally Posted by timvriens View Post
    Thx Danotaylor and Pat, i do like the whole circle of life thats going on here
    i hope the fry wil grow out as good as the parents
    Tim, because of you and those like you who take the time to journal and document with exceptional photography that we all learn in great detail how to raise Discus.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Tim, because of you and those like you who take the time to journal and document with exceptional photography that we all learn in great detail how to raise Discus.

thank you , but there is a lot i did not post haha

thank you , but there is a lot i did not post haha
    Tim I love a true hobbyist that is willing to share their success to help out others and congrats but what have you not posted , no secrets , no one is getting rich here, and no culling their all good

Jeanne

Fantastic job Tim!

Registered Member

Jeanne, there are a lot of feeding and water changing photo's i took, but did not post haha
    the culling part for now is over, i have 10 left, but ones upper fin is not fully formed, so thats one i stil have to cull
    but for now i wil let it live, as it is a daredevil and always is the first to come and eat

thx herbicidal

Registered Member

Jeanne, there are a lot of feeding and water changing photo's i took, but did not post haha
    the culling part for now is over, i have 10 left, but ones upper fin is not fully formed, so thats one i stil have to cull
    but for now i wil let it live, as it is a daredevil and always is the first to come and eat

thx herbicidal
    I do not have the heart to cull any of those that I have raised from spawn. I even caught a bat in my house once and rather than smack it with a broom I caught it and let it go outside. Same with mice, the ones that survive the trap, get let go in the field, or the nasty neighbor's yard late at night.

Real Name
    Steve

Lol!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    I do not have the heart to cull any of those that I have raised from spawn. I even caught a bat in my house once and rather than smack it with a broom I caught it and let it go outside. Same with mice, the ones that survive the trap, get let go in the field, or the nasty neighbor's yard late at night.
    I have no problem with culling, i belief that if you want to breed you have to make the best fry possible

Registered Member

here is an other update
    they are a little over 7 weeks old and between 2 and 2.5 inch

their bellys always look like they are about to explode ,they just love eating hahaha

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Great job Tim. I wish I could buy some of your fry!!

Registered Member

Absolutely stunning fish Tim!

It's interesting you noting that one of the young turns black sometimes. In a group I'm growing out I have one that does that sometimes and he's the joint largest! It seems to be a mood thing because 30 seconds later he can be perfectly light in colour again. He did it a lot around the 2-3" mark, but he still does it occasionally and goes submissive to the others even though he's now 5.5", I've no idea why.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456