AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Great Tankmates

Registered Member TheRedSpotted's Avatar

Default Great Tankmates

Hi,

Unfortunatly I didn't bred or groom discus anymore. (or at the moment)
    With the result of last Ph drop and a serious lack of quality in french wholesaler's facilities... I blew my top

As I can't watch my tanks empty I moved to predator tank. My Golden 24K bring me success without a lot of efforts.
    Aro24K.jpg

As I'm not the Red spotted without any reason I share with you my work in backstage.

I'm grooming some nice Gold Red Spotted Severum which are allready showing a strong color inspite of their young age (5cm without tail)
    Gold_Severum.jpg

In the coming days I will get a very nice Heros Notatus wild pair (very close or better than this picture)
    They are spawning regulary without real success. It will be my next challenge.
    Notatus.jpg

To complete this hard job I'm grooming ten Dantum Albino withmy Wild Atabapo
    Altum.jpg

I'm not overhelmed but feel really lucky with discus tankmates.

Kind Regards

Default Re: Great Tankmates

A special Add for Filip IMG_4999.jpg

Real Name
    Filip

Im impressed by your breeding work Stephane .I didn't knew that you have so many breeding projects going on in the background of your main display tank .

About the Ray , it's a very exotic animal to have it swimming in your living room , but the trade off with all the plants and discus is still too much for me to swallow
    Do you plant to keep it along with your Aro in the main tank ? What about the greenery , would you be able to keep some along with your new bottom occupying guest?

As I already said , you are always full of suprises Stephane

To be honest I won't scratch all my plants addictions.
    The last thing I didn't mentioned ...I still own an ADA cube garden on a gun metal stand
    I'm still studying the lighting solutions to get the best results : my UFO light (Metal Halide), my dennerle hanging lamp (4xT5), my chihiros Led A type, or led RGB to buy...
    During Hollidays I met Liquid Nature guys in Vienna.
    It gave me a new goal!

The discus? I'm so tired with the business around!
    Impossible to find new Royal ! I was blessed to get a pair of Royal Urucum two years ago and made a mistake that killed one immediately and the second month ago.
    From this time nothing on French wholesaler facilities. More than a year without a discus at home.
    It's really annoying, boring !

I hope to create a 2m long tank in a wall.
    To offer more space to my aro. Even if you don't agree it's a fascinating fish.
    Never scared and extremely familiar
    He looks like a pet and interact really.

A stingray will join him on the lower part of the tank. The creator of albino yellow Pearl stingray is ten minutes far from my office. I met him and got the fever ��

I still love and appreciate the discus but don't think to come back soon.
    Too expensive for ephemeral beauty...all the domestic strains fade after 16-18 month. Results of hormones...
    Contrary to wild which develop constantly.

I will keep an eye on wild stocklist. The more I wait the fewer expectations I have.