AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Gill disease

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tim

Default Gill disease

Noticed this last night, eating good but seems like gills is flaking receding. Video attached

https://youtu.be/mHrWSqiI7tk

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Gill disease

If you take the "S" out of HTTPS when you paste the link into the insert video tab, it will load like this;

Not sure what the deal is with the gill issue, but it sure looks like the inside is swollen and protruding...sorry I cannot be more helpful...

Real Name
    Filip

They all look to me like they are breathing faster than usual on this Video . Do they always breathe like this or are they just excited and feeding on this video ?
    If it's constant , it wouldn't hurt to try a treatment for Gill flukes and see how they respond to that .
    Extension on the gill (gill hyperplasia) is just a consequence of some previous or ongoing Gill problems .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    They all look to me like they are breathing faster than usual on this Video . Do they always breathe like this or are they just excited and feeding on this video ?
    If it's constant , it wouldn't hurt to try a treatment for Gill flukes and see how they respond to that .
    Extension on the gill (gill hyperplasia) is just a consequence of some previous or ongoing Gill problems .
    They did just eat prior to this, but yes the one with issues does seem to be breathing slightly faster than the others.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tim

I started prazipro last night. I have enough to do 5 treatments. I will do about 75 percent water change with each dose. Is 3 days in between good or too much, to little ?

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by reaper7534 View Post
    I started prazipro last night. I have enough to do 5 treatments. I will do about 75 percent water change with each dose. Is 3 days in between good or too much, to little ?
    The treatment with prazi on flukes usually lasts +20 days to fully erradicate them.
    If you are light on a bioload and feeding ,maybe you can get away with redosing every 4 th day after a Large WC so that you can make a 20 days of treatment .