ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Lotus from Ed

Real Name
    Patty

Default Tiger Lotus from Ed

You meet the nicest people here. After falling in love with a member痴 Tiger Lotus, he sent me some along with some Alternanthera Reinkii, Blyxa Japonica, dwarf sag and these very cool bushy type plants. Thanks for making me so happy Ed! CFE741DD-C3B3-4BAC-BA4B-466F87F4854E.jpg193A93B0-BF22-4075-9B5B-FB647DAF2ADB.jpg79D849A1-75A9-4A4C-BECC-B0312086617E.jpg4E741E8D-536F-4582-828F-BF4226099C19.jpg
    If the discus are happy, I知 happy

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Tiger Lotus from Ed

Very nice Patty. Nice one Ed!! Way to share the happiness around

Real Name
    Filip

Nice plants Patty and kudos for Ed's friendly and noble gesture .Small thing like this makes this hobby going and so much fun .

Real Name
    Tobi

Very cool, Patty. Are you using any kind of fertilizer or CO2? I like the idea of a lotus for one of my tanks, too, but other than floaters I’ve never really had plants.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Very cool, Patty. Are you using any kind of fertilizer or CO2? I like the idea of a lotus for one of my tanks, too, but other than floaters I’ve never really had plants.
    I am using ferts, but I went with a no-brainer type called Easy Green by Aqarium Co-op. It’s 3 bottles of liquid ferts. One is an “all in one” fertilizer, one is an algae inhibitor, and one is iron. You simply squirt these in the water on alternating days. I also have fert capsules for root feeding. I’m hoping I can make them do as well as Ed so I can pay it forward eventually. They are all very cool, but the color and shape of these lotus’ really stand out. Ed says they are easy to grow in low to med lights so we’ll see.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

My pleasure Patty,glad you like them and think you will do fine,remember to remove any discolored leafs as they will not revive and just make the plant work harder,,,Ed

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
    My pleasure Patty,glad you like them and think you will do fine,remember to remove any discolored leafs as they will not revive and just make the plant work harder,,,Ed
    You can’t really see the 2nd lotus because the leaves were getting beat up by the water current. I had to tuck it behind the big rock and cut back the long leaves that were beat up. It’ll look great having those big pink leaves grow over the rock, plus it gets good light in the new spot.
    I do SO love this plant Ed. You are such a gem to send it! I’ve already promised some to Liz if it does well so I can pay it forward. I needed a little burst of color and different leaf shape and this fits the bill beautifully!
    I also love the crypt. What a nice surprise with that cool leaf color! Thanks again Ed. You have no idea how happy you made me.
    Patty

Real Name
    Patty

Well I had another surprise. Steve sent me some Roobios tea after a comment I made about it. I’m going to see if my angels can hatch eggs with the addition of this tea. I thought I’d let them hatch a batch to reward their efforts and prevent them from getting depressed after so many futile efforts. They thanked me by laying eggs and eating them almost immediately! It’s probably a blessing in disguise. I don’t know what I’d do if they did hatch! Thanks for the tea anyway Steve. Does change the look of the tank.
    247D5557-3BB1-4521-AF44-89D06426E334.jpg
    Last edited by RogueDiscus; 04-20-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Real Name
    Daniel

Looks great Pat, little black water lookalike...i was hoping your post a FTS...plants are growing in nicely!! Beautiful

Real Name
    Steve

You're very welcome Patty!

Real Name
    Daniel

Good on ya Steve...sorry for my name blunder Patty

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAktE0z-11s

Hey patty i'm thinking about this for my next planted tank lol...

You're right about people here being so nice. When you have been around long enough for people to get a good sense of you, you become friends. I was amazed when I got something without ever asking because someone thought that I like them enough that they want to send you something for free. So many people here have sent me their stuff for free. You are one of them. I'm astounded that anyone would just up and give me something simply because they like me on a internet forum. It's the coolest thing.

The plants are beautiful and will live long and prosper under your care. You know about planted tanks. I am looking very much forward to having a baby from your red ones. My tank badly needs a splash of red.

Oh! how could I have forgotten to thank Ed? Ed, you're one of several of us a good handful of folks here who get more pleasure out giving stuff away than selling it. Not that it matters, but I like you.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 04-20-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Looks great Pat, little black water lookalike...i was hoping your post a FTS...plants are growing in nicely!! Beautiful
    I was trying to post a FTS when I posted the other pics yesterday, but it wouldn’t load even after cropping it several times. Today for some reason, the pic loads without a hitch. Go figure!
    Patty

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAktE0z-11s

Hey patty i'm thinking about this for my next planted tank lol...
    Wow Ed,
    I feel like I just went to planted tank heaven after seeing that video. Wow!
    Patty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast