ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: How do you age Discus

Registered Member

Default How do you age Discus

Dumb question? So when people talk discus ages like 2 week old 5 week old ... When does the age start? From the egg? From wigglers? Or from free swimming? What is it? Thank You

Default Re: How do you age Disus

Its not a dumb question at all. Most people start at when they hatch and become wigglers .

A note on this though. I think people often pay too much attention to the "age" of the fry and the size at that age. Theres so many variables that come into play ... strain, foods fed, water parameters ,light cycles, stocking densities. Age is just one parameter...but it really by itself means very little in terms of fry growth.

"at this age your fry should be this size" is one of those statements that really needs to be made carefully and using qualifiers or not at all in my book. Im more interested in overall growth and development, eye to body ratio, shape and health... just a pet peeve of mine really I guess.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: How do you age Discus

Thank you AL..I thought it was from when the became free swimming. Guess my are a week older than I thoughts..lol