pic of month     Cafepress Store

Thread: Greetings SimplyDiscus!!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Exclamation Greetings SimplyDiscus!!

Greetings All,
    This is Walt Landru from Flow Tamer Spray Bars, my apologies for jumping the gun,you folks deserve a far more formal intro from me following the very generous and appreciated one that I received from the "BREWMASTER" himself! Let me start by saying I am happy and feel privileged to announce my arrival as a vendor on the Simply Discus forum! I extend a GIANT THANKS to all members for all your help over the past decade for educating me on how to successfully keep "The King of the Freshwater Aquarium!" I always dreamed of keeping Discus, but felt it was above my skill level as a hobbyist. A friend referred me to SD and I began to tutor myself and feast on the "treasure trove" of indispensable information and wisdom offered by all members! I knew mistakes would be costly not only financially but also emotionally not wanting to harm any living creature. Finally, because of you folks and the confidence gained by pouring over your threads and posts, I took a leap of faith and purchased my first group! As confident as I was, things did not go smoothly at first, but you guys were always there with great advice and I knew as long as I stayed humble and reached out, you folks would accelerate my learning curve exponentially. You all collectively came through at one time or another. Be it through private messaging or reading threads and post that contained both respectful joust, and collaborative agreement, the experience has been "top notch" and again I thank you all!

That said, it is an honor to present my wares to you folks! My desire to make spray bars began with Discus keeping. Like most of us, I have a penchant for "overfiltering" my aquariums. I love running big powerful canisters and the filtration they provide. For me there was always one shortcoming,the excessive output flow! My Discus never seemed to mind it much, but I did! Selfish me! One of the things that always attracted me to Discus was to watch them elegantly posture around the aquarium with their beautiful fins displayed. I noticed these moments weren't frequent enough for me because my Discus were continuously adjusting their fins in response to strong output flow unless they were in certain "spots" in the aquarium. Hence, I made my first spray bar and was pleased with the results it provided, my fish spread out more loosely and seemed to be utilizing more of the aquarium. The amount of time the fish were spending with those magnificent fins displayed also increased.

Since then I have been making different spray bars for most major filter manufacturers. It started with friends who had an assortment of needs, from calming down a small Beta or nano tank, to reducing flow in tanks for friends keeping Fancy Goldfish (gorgeous fish but canít swim for beans lol!), to other folks keeping Altum Angels, also known for amazing fin structure that is difficult to flaunt in heavier flow! Depending on your stock and your needs the spray bar can be an extremely useful attachment for a plethora of reasons in every hobbyist tool chest!

Please feel free to browse my store, and once again a BIG THANKS to EVERYONE for enormously enriching my fish keeping journey!!

Walt Landru,
    Flow Tamer Spray Bars
    Last edited by Flow Tamer; 04-27-2019 at 06:24 AM.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Default Re: Greetings SimplyDiscus!!

Flow control for most major canister filter manufacturers and custom spray bars for sump outflow control