ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My slow moving breeding project.

Default My slow moving breeding project.

When I sit after WC and spend an hour just watching the Discus eat an idea will sneak into my mind as I ruminate. I'll forget about it, but I can tell when I've been working while my real mind was thinking about more normal things. I solve problems that way for everything...plumbing to breeding Discus.

I have decided that I should take a breeding pair to the LFS. That would leave me with 7 fish in the 120, all of my breeding other that their old daddy I got from Ryan. I have no use for the two I purchased. They are flashy, but the ones of my breeding have better conformation (except for one).

My guys should be approaching breeding age soon. Not ready to pair yet but about ready to form attachments. Their dad, a domestic RSG I got from Ryan and their full son from an previous spawn are the only others in that tank. I'd like for the old man to get one last go at it.

It feels like it has been forever since I decided that I needed to work with my Discus from Ryan. I hope that good things to those who have the patience to wait out the hard times that seem never ending.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 05-11-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: My slow moving breeding project.

Liz, I can understand the patience game especially with wild discus who do not breed until late in their second year. I would be curious as to when the wild F1s breed. Hopefully sooner. I think it is cool to give the old man another go.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening