AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hyper Aging Water

Registered Member

Default Hyper Aging Water

Has anyone ever tested how long it takes for the pH of your tap or filtered water to match the pH of your tank via aging? Aging meaning the standard approach of 24 hours with aeration and heat. What if someone needs or just wants "aged" water in less than 24 hours? Barring no chemicals or additives other than dechlor are used.

The main question is: how long would it take to get the pH to an acceptable range with aeration alone and how much air would need to be injected over the short time?

Hypothetically, would it be possible to inject enough air into a water storage container, say around 40 gallons, to shorten the amount of time it takes for the pH to stabilize to just a few hours? A high powered heater or hot water would be used to achieve the correct temperature and a pH probe to actively monitor pH levels.

Just a thought.

-E
    Last edited by Emanresu; 05-12-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: Hyper Aging Water

A strong submersible pump can stabilize water in 2-3 hours.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    A strong submersible pump can stabilize water in 2-3 hours.
    Yes!!!

Real Name
    Filip

Strong surface agitation in a fountain fashion can stabilize pH in a matter of hours . Using sponge or floss attached on the strong pump also helps trap the tap water microbibbles /gasses very effectively and quickly.

Registered Member

I'm not worried about pH only temperature and supersaturation. I start with cold tap water and once it's heated to tank temperature it's as aged as it's going to get. That can be done in just a few hours.

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I'm not worried about pH only temperature and supersaturation. I start with cold tap water and once it's heated to tank temperature it's as aged as it's going to get. That can be done in just a few hours.
    It can be done in just a few minutes . You can use immersion boilers for that .Just an example link :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Ta...QAAOSw6hBcwDyr

But i doubt that only pre heating will be enough to outgass and equilize pH though .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    It can be done in just a few minutes . You can use immersion boilers for that .Just an example link :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Ta...QAAOSw6hBcwDyr

But i doubt that only pre heating will be enough to outgass and equilize pH though .
    I think it's better water not be under pressure while being heated. At atmospheric pressure and tank temperature, no more outgassing should be needed.

Registered Member

Interesting, thanks for your feedback! I may have to source a 120v immersion boiler!