AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for dime sized discus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Elijah

Default Looking for dime sized discus

Hey guys, i'm currently growing out some dime sized discus i got from another breeder, i'm currently looking for more!

Some strains i want are:

German Wonders
    Blue Turquoise
    Pigeon Blood
    Blue Cobalt
    Heckel Cross
    leopard snakeskin

& many others! just let me know what you have.

I'm able to pay via cash app, paypal, or if you have a store i can give you my cc.

If you live somewhere in northeast ohio i'd be willing to pickup!

My number is 440-251-8495 / email: Eli.cefaratti@yahoo.com

Default Re: Looking for dime sized discus

Most reputable breeders don't sell them that young. I would never sell a sell a Discus that was less than quarter size. You might find some quarters from Al here on Simply, or you might find something on Aquabid. Good luck.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Most reputable breeders don't sell them that young. I would never sell a sell a Discus that was less than quarter size. You might find some quarters from Al here on Simply, or you might find something on Aquabid. Good luck.
    I believe tropicalfishUSA is currently selling 8 dime sized Galaxy turquoise discus.
    https://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auct...cus&1558978803

Hello Johnny, I see that this is your first post. I know this seller. Do you? Strange that your very first post was just after you visited the Discus section on Aquabid.

Welcome to the forum and watch your step.
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 05-23-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Wording
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Johnny, I know this seller also and in the past the fry have not been great. Hopefully things are better now.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

Yeah, this is my first post, but I have been browsing this forum for a long time in the past month. I'm not a frequent contributor on message boards, but I do enjoy reading them for the valuable info other posters dispense. I had actually considered getting the dime-sized discus from Discususa due to the low price, but (thankfully) other posters recommended beginners start off with adults or at least 3 inch plus juvies. In the end, I settled with adult discus from Champion discus, as they aren't far from where I'm based off.

Smart man
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny95132 View Post
    I had actually considered getting the dime-sized discus from Discususa due to the low price, but (thankfully) other posters recommended beginners start off with adults or at least 3 inch plus juvies. In the end, I settled with adult discus from Champion discus, as they aren't far from where I'm based off.
    Your browsing and reading paid off!!! That's a rarity these days when people rely on facebook and such to be their mentor Dime size discus from any seller are not easy to raise, and especially for those new to the hobby! I'm sure Kao will make you happy and keep us updated when your new ones arrive!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Your browsing and reading paid off!!! That's a rarity these days when people rely on facebook and such to be their mentor Dime size discus from any seller are not easy to raise, and especially for those new to the hobby! I'm sure Kao will make you happy and keep us updated when your new ones arrive!!
    Yeah, I agree that juvy's are definitely not for the faint of heart to raise. Even ones that I got that were 4 inches long are struggling to reach their full size, especially since they are in a tank with voracious electric blue acaras. By the way, the discus I ordered from Kao just arrived this morning and man do they look fantastic. The ones that I got previously from a local breeder just don't compare to Champion's. In fact, they look stunted compared to them... Just the roundness, the deep purple color, and the huge size have me in awe. I admit I am infatuated with the new discus right now. FYI, these were sold as Mr. Goh's leopard snakeskin.
    I wanted to upload my photos, but it failed. I guess the upload size was too large to upload. This is the link to his website showing photos of the discus I ordered.
    https://www.champion-discus.com/prod...pard-snake-4-5

I like LSS very much. I am working on a similar strain, but I don't want mine to be as dramatic as the ones you got. Try to reduce the size of your pic and see if it won't post then. If not, ask one of the mods to help you. I'd really like to see the fish in your tank.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Try emailing the photo to yourself. That's what I do, but then again, I don't use my phone for the forum. Your email will automatically resize them...

Dang, that's a great price for that quality and size of discus!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

Yeah, I had been tracking the prices on his website for quite a while, when the price suddenly dropped by $10. I agree, for the size and quality of the discus, you can't find them for much cheaper unless you are really willing to search around. I wish I could start with small ones, but I would need to buy the equipment for a new tank, which would easily add up to the price of few adult discus.
    Last edited by Johnny95132; 05-24-2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling