AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Notifications

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Default Notifications

Is there an easier way to get notified? Like an app or something? I have lots of email per day and the forums notifications get lost in my mail box

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth View Post
    Is there an easier way to get notified? Like an app or something? I have lots of email per day and the forums notifications get lost in my mail box
    Hi John, I gather you have subscribed to your threads so you get an email when you get a reply? There is no app but there should be a search function as part of your email. You can also go to your profile and there is a set of links one which is find latest started threads.
    hths,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Pat,

Yes but like I said, I get a lot of emails a day and it get lost. It’s kinda annoying to have to search for the emails or revisit the forum. Is it possible to get notifications by SMS?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth View Post
    Pat,

Yes but like I said, I get a lot of emails a day and it get lost. It’s kinda annoying to have to search for the emails or revisit the forum. Is it possible to get notifications by SMS?
    I do not think so John but perhaps Al would know for sure. Another suggestion is to setup another email address and change your email address on the forum to a new one.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

You can set up an email filter so that all emails from the forum are directed to a specific folder. Then they'll all be in one place.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by slicksta View Post
    You can set up an email filter so that all emails from the forum are directed to a specific folder. Then they'll all be in one place.
    The problem I have is that even if I do this, they would be in the mix of my daily emails. New emails would still notify on my phone as one group of emails. If I unlock the phone without checking the email notifications, I dont get notifications reminder. But sounds like there is no other way to get it notifications other than email 😭

Not sure what type of phone you have but my phone doesn't clear out notifications unless I tap clear all notifications once unlocked.
    And if you filter to a folder, folders with unread messages are in bold type.
    But yes if you need special and repeated reminders you're out of luck.