Quote Originally Posted by slicksta View Post
One of the ebay sellers is advertising on here and has been selling live Blackworms and Freezedried for years. Seems they also manufacture food for some of the name brands and sell unbranded and in bulk themselves. I've gotten flake and pellets with mixes of Blackworm, krill and spirulina and the fish accept it readily. I always feed a wide variety of food so it's really hard to tell if it has benefits over others.
Yes to this--it's Dan at California Blackworms and there are breeders on here who have recommended some of these flakes, including his beefheart one. (I just ordered some and am hoping for good luck. I didn't do well with another source for beef heart flake in the past--had to throw it out.)

There are some older threads on flake food that the OP might want to search up, as I have used them to try out a few things from time to time, with better success than when I just ordered brands I had been familiar with from keeping African cichlids. (For example, my discus never would eat the NLS pellets my tanganyikans loved, nor did they go for Ocean Nutrition when I tried that.)

However, they have eaten three different flakes from Brine Shrimp Direct once recommended on the forum (thanks to Eric at Carolina Discus), mine like the spirulina-based veggie as well as immune boosting flakes from Ken's Fish, and I seem to remember they were okay with a blend I once tried from Angel's Plus. Agree with post above about ingredient list, not too much wheat, etc. I remember that oscar site with the ratings... too bad if that is gone.