AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus are smart ;) ;)

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Default Discus are smart ;) ;)

When they know I have the camera pointing to some of them. It only take 2 seconds for the rest of them start doing photobomb in front of the 3 white albino

What can I do?? Look like everyone want to be on camera

P2.jpg

P1.jpg

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Discus are smart ;) ;)

Those are some nice fish!!

They're just jealous because they know that they're all just as good. They can't help that they aren't solid white. Very nice bunch you have there. Congrats!
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Those are some nice fish!!
    Thank you Jeep.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    They're just jealous because they know that they're all just as good. They can't help that they aren't solid white. Very nice bunch you have there. Congrats!
    Thank you Liz. I follow your easy guide line of discus keeping. Water change everyday and feed them good......

It's not my easy guide. It's Simply's easy guide. Learn it, do it, and pass it on. It's just the way we do things here.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Well said Liz. SimplyDiscus has made keeping Discus from challenging to pretty easy and enjoyable.

The only thing I can think of the discus are not so smart is I can fool them to think they are living in the nature by doing massive water change everyday. When I grow them out from the baby, I even do WC twice a day. And watching them getting bigger and bigger each week are so amazing

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Engene, that is a handsome crew you have there. How many fish are in that tank??
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Very well done Eugene - you did a great job of growing that group out - helps to start out with Rick's (Canadian Aqua Farm) high quality fish though, doesn't it ?
    What size were they when you got them - quarter size ?

Please post a full tank shot when you have time.

I can tell that you have the Discus addiction now. It can make you feel wonderful as well as make you feel like dirt. I know all about it because I have been addicted for 18 years.

I want to know all about the fish and the tanks with lots of pictures. I honestly can't remember seeing such a good looking group of Discus.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Engene, that is a handsome crew you have there. How many fish are in that tank??
    Pat
    Hi Pat, I have a totally of 20 Discus in my 210 gal. So far they are very peaceful and treat each other very well even during the feeding time. Half of the group are just over a year old and the about half are 10 months old.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Very well done Eugene - you did a great job of growing that group out - helps to start out with Rick's (Canadian Aqua Farm) high quality fish though, doesn't it ?

Thank you Paul for everything. I read all of your wonderful articles you posted on subject about discus and plants. I follow you to the letters and I have to tell everyone I have a great success on both Discus and Plants. Some of my 1 years old discus have reached 7.5'' and even the smallest one is about 6". My plants have new leaf coming out every 2 weeks.

Here is my 210 gal look like. I am a true believer of minimalist tank. It is easier to maintenance, you get admire with your discus with less/no distraction. Discus itself is beautiful and graceful enough to get everyone full attention!! Beside that, going minimalist approach is easier on pocket too! All the saving can go back to the fish and feed them more FDBW.....

P3.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I can tell that you have the Discus addiction now. It can make you feel wonderful as well as make you feel like dirt. I know all about it because I have been addicted for 18 years.

I want to know all about the fish and the tanks with lots of pictures. I honestly can't remember seeing such a good looking group of Discus.
    I am in the Discus hole for sure Liz and there is no turning back for me I say they can make me feel wonderful as well as make me feeling very wet. They have no patient and no manners at all when it come to feeding time. I can't remember how many times they have splashed water all over me if I am not fast enough to drop the food into the tank for them to eat.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post

Rick from Canadian Aqua Farm is a wonderful breeder to deal with if you are from Canada. His discus (in any sizes) are top quality and very healthy. All my 20 discus in the 210 gal were all start at quarter size (about 3 weeks old) when I bought from him.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

And this is the same group of discus when I took picture of them a year ago when I start my discus journey. Time flies......

Pic1 (2).jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast