Hello all I would like to say that since coming to this forum I feel as though your walking on eggshells while the forum has a large membership there is very little participation except by a select few who have labeled discus as specialty fish in their care requirements and label first time discus keepers as newbies irregardless of how long they have kept fish I believe and I don't know if opinions are allowed here but here goes I think there are 2 groups of fish people the true hobbyistsand the extremists the hobbyists call discus people who claim they need special care to be extremists,now let me explain this if we took a tour to the amazon where discus are found where there is the most diverse population of fish on earth and everyone was given a net you get one scoop the hobbyists would take their collection home and put it in a community tank the extremist would take their fish home and separate them and separate them raise some for the rest of their lives because they think they need special care even though they came from the exact same waters.

Jeanne