Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won't eat and very inactive

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Default Re: Won't eat and very inactive

Hi,

Sorry for your loss.
    But please neither let this gets to you too badly, nor give up this wonderful hobby.
    I feel your pain.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...r-the-Hobbyist

Please read above thread written by Al long time ago.
    Cold hard fact No.1, sooner or later, you gonna kill your fish one way or another.

Just make sure you learn something new and try your best next time with good conscience.
    Water change is not just a chore, it's my life now...

Registered Member

Finally had the courage to get out of bed and check on my babies, and they are all alive, but still just hanging in the corner. So maybe they will live!

Registered Member

And thank you for sharing that post about all the dark siden of this hobby!

Remember that although the lows are very low, the highs put you on top of the world.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Linkwi88, hoping you can work thru this and Liz is right, the highs do put you on top of the world
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

This is so sadand I know I am shunned here because I have differing opinons about big water changes, they are highly recommended but there is not much said about what can happen, so folks you don't have to listen to me but I'll just say if gonna go big check your ph whether you're change source is tap,ro, aged,or whatever,but also check your tank, it sounded like this individual really had their heart and soul into this,check your ph if you're gonna go big so we can avoid another mishap like this,and I don't know if this is possible but could ph up be used in very small amounts to try and slowly inch the ph back up

Jeanne

Registered Member

Here Is a short video of the status today. They are also much more active and even eating! Not much and wont come running to the food but picks on It from the bottom. The darkest one there on the clip has been that dark all the time. https://youtu.be/1va3A2wZnvA
    Last edited by Linkwi88; 06-10-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Way better than I'd have expected. Looks like they'll be fine once your water gets straight.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Yes, they did not at all look good last night. I was so surprised and glad they lived trough this! My boyfriend went to check our well today and It was so full that the water was floating all around It. So he dug a drainage around making the overflow water go down the hill. Here in Norway we have very high amount of Acid Rain. So from here on I will ALWAYS test my water before every single wc and use barrels to buffer the ph with f.ex Baking Soda. Already picked out a barrel, hose and sirculation pump that I can use and I also got an extra heater to put In It. Tank water says 6,5 and tap still is at 5 or lower since the Tetra Testkit doesnt go any lower than 5. Will not do any big wc's until this Is fixed and will only do bottom cleaning and add small buckets of ph ready water in the meanwhile.

Baking soda lasts only a short period of time. Try a media bag of crushed coral in your water barrel and in your tank.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    the highs put you on top of the world.
    Like the moment you click "Order" button, wait for FEDEX, open the box, plop the fish...?

Do you have access to live blackworm if you feed those little buggers and keep them strong I think you can pull them through this, I know my juvies absolutely love them and I wouldn't feed the live worms everyday and if you do get them make sure you rinse them good in cold water before feeding, I'm rooting for you

Jeanne

And just one more thing I think you should vary your regular feeding regimen I don't much care for the granules you are feeding as they have a lot of fillers and not much food you may want to think about new life spectrum flake, freeze dried blackworm, freeze dried bloodworm, freeze dried daphnia, the freeze dried foods you put in hot water to rehydrate allowing them to sink, and also I would feed omega one kelp pellets to provide them their necessary greensquality foods make for a quality fish

Jeanne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12