AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hero fish question...

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Hero fish question...

The active ingredient is Nitrofurazone. It can be bought in bulk but I'm not sure how to dose it. It depends on the purity...

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Thx Brian. Jehmco supply it, but not sure if it comes with dosing instructions. I will call them tomorrow...

Real Name
    Daniel

Plz don't delete the new #41, it is the remaining post after the duplicate was removed lol thx mods!

Real Name
    Daniel

So after a 90% WC on 6/25 with only replacing 2 of the initial 5 cups of salt all 3 SS are looking good again; active, eating, color is good as well. Did another 90% WC on 6/27 and brought salt concentration up to 4 cups again. It is clear that the increased osmolality of the water had a damaging effect on the pathogen. I will change 90% again on 6/30 and then resume my usual WC schedule without adding salt. If all is well still in a few more weeks I will combine the groups together in the 125gal.

Oh yes, I will be salt treating the 125gal with the same concentration & regime as the 75gal prior to moving the fish as the Asian discus clearly carry the pathogen the initially caused the issue. I am uncertain as to whether the salt eradicated the pathogen, or gave the SS a reprieve to establish immunity. I hope the former, but better to treat the 125 in case immunity was not established. 1 thing I do know is that the discus tolerated this salt treatment and the pathogen did not! Yehar!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234