ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Artificial rearing , help needed

Registered Member

Default Artificial rearing , help needed

Hi everyone, I’ve reared a batch of fry from 7 days but now I want to start rearing from day 1 as I’m having no success with parents at the moment. Firstly I’m getting a lot of fungussed eggs so how many ml/litre is correct dose for meth blue? Secondly I am going to try with brine shrimp as first food. I have some of the extra small B/S eggs but just wondering when I need to put some in Hatcher ? Do I wait until fry go free swimming?
    Thanks in advance.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alf

Default Re: Artificial rearing , help needed

I successfully raised fry away fro the parents using egg yoke but that was nearly 40 years ago so there may be newer methods now.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

read this thread through...Sanjay hit a home run the 1st time he tried it...if you need more info than what he provided you could send him a PM if he (or someone else) doesn't chime in here...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...my-first-time)

Pretty sure Liz uses meth blue at times so she may be able to help. You may even find directions on the MB bottle for egg treatment. Pretty sure I saw it in the dosing instructions on the bottle I have...

Registered Member

Thanks think I’ve seen Sanjays thread. I’ll read again and take more notice. first batch taken out for artificial hatching this morning.

Registered Member

FYI
    [url]http://www.mondodiscus.com/discus/en/articles-in-english/feeding-discus-artifical-rearing-discus-by-Cliff-Young.html

Or check www.mondodiscus.com
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 07-03-2019 at 03:04 PM.