ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new turd

Default My new turd

Water changes used to be easy. Especially when I got my first submersible water pump. Then I had a bright idea two weekends ago and bought a solid liver German Shorthaired Pointer. Apparently the hose I use must be the perfect consistency for what he likes to chew on.IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    -Elliot

Default Re: My new turd

-Elliot

Ah, life with a new puppy...I just lived through it myself, it just takes time, patience, and figuring out what need to be kept out of reach. That's two beautiful babies you have there, Elliot.
    Mama Bear

Your title cracked me up.

Dogs are turds! Walking, barking, eating, shitting, turds. They even eat turds, given the opportunity.

The last dogs that lived in my house ate every architrave in the house, my nice desk and a few chairs too. Damn that turd to hell.

Yours is a cute ******* though .

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Cute, cute cute Elliot The pup has certainly made it's self at home with all the family members. I had no idea German Shorthair Pointer came in solid colors these days. What's the pups name?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I was so afraid to see the photos of a post with such a subject line. . Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised.
    Nice ;-)

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I read your thread title in my cell phone, without my glasses on. I read "new turq". When I saw the dog I was like WT(insert the word of your choice) Getting older can he an amusing g process, except when you run out of pull ups at the mall...

Just got back into town. Loved the replies.

Liz, you nailed it 100%! Meanwhile I love how he has made both of my boys and even my wife declutter! So while I am training him, don't tell anyone, but he is training them!

Cooper, Amen! He is a little turd but so are my two boys and I always say that in a sort of endearing way. Of course I also mean that when I'm ticked off at them too! Mine hasn't eaten any turds yet but I did make him throw up a big balloon earlier that one of my boys brought in the house and he popped. He didn't even tear it up. He slurped it down like a long spaghetti noodle. I had to bust out the hydrogen peroxide and to my surprise he took down a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide like a freshman in college slams a shot of SoCo and lime. He then nonchalantly through it up and then try to eat the throw up all over again.

Pat, I was lucky that they had solid liver puppies near me! I always wanted a solid liver German shorthaired boy but most were not within driving distance. My wife and her sister tried to come up with a plan to rescue two ugly dogs from some old couple even though it was my turn to choose the dog and I had to react fast. Neither my wife nor my boys knew I was coming home with the puppy! In a rare situation that hardly ever happens, she did not argue against it since I caught her red-handed planning with her sister about obtaining the two ugly dogs I heard about. She loves the new puppy though. He goes to her when it's time to calm down and snuggle. Although she was the first one to say no dogs on the couch.

Slick, trust me, I'm sure you weren't the only one afraid to click on the thread! Pat can tell you all sorts of foolishness I've posted in the past. Keep your guard up because you can't put anything past me! I can certainly be a bit of a ding dong on here but all in good fun! My best is usually when I've had a few too many cocktails on a Friday or Saturday night!

Daniel, I seriously had a little bit of beer come out of my nose when I laughed after reading your post. Now that is freaking funny!
    Last edited by pastry; 06-29-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    -Elliot

We had GSP's when I was growing up, amazing dogs! The solid liver is a very good look as well, congrats on the new member of the family.
    Mike

Thanks Mike! I've never had a GSP and I'm loving the heck out of him. Total goofball but just perfect addition for our family. I have the roan, liver, & ticking with our small munsterlander ("Chloe") but she just gets to hot in Charleston. Meanwhile, the GSP ("Maverick"... Yes, from Top Gun!) is relentless in the sun
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Ally

Ehrmehrgewrd he is so squishy

total dog nut - I used to be a dog groomer. I have two greyhounds, one which acts like a golden retriever, the other who is an old, opinionated, spinster lady in both her former life and this one. Always loved the pointers though!

Ally, I'm currently a groomer. I love all dogs, even mutts as long as they are structurally correct.
    Mama Bear

I'll take a mutt any day over a so called pure breed :-D

He's my first pointer. He's the goofball that I have always wanted. So quirky too. He's a "bashful pooper" ( doesn't like to be seen pooping), he watches a ball thrown until it stops rolling while he assesses the situation and then decides to get it, he's a total daddy's boy, he hates it when my older dog comes around for attention, and although my wife doesn't like it he sometimes decides to hump my 5 and 8 year old. Totally inappropriate but I bite my tongue trying not to laugh my butt off. because of him we have had to tell the boys about what is truly going on so they would stop letting him "hug & dance with them". I am laughing my butt off just typing this and even snorted once. my wife was opposed to boy dogs because she did not want a dog who humps. I told her he was just a puppy and we would get him neutered soon and she would hardly ever see that. The very first night he made a liar out of me. I still love him though! I really did get lucky though. Love my Maverick.
    -Elliot

So potty training to leave turds outside was pretty easy, but peeing has been a problem. I can't get too mad at my new turd though. I do beg anyone on how 2 Train him not to pee in the house. I love my little male goon but the peeing inside is driving me nuts. Any recommendations are definitely welcomed! I heard a neutering him will be the first step but right now I am waiting for the second Nutter to drop... he is my little one Nutter right now
    20190707_110525~2.jpg
    20190713_195916~2.jpg
    20190713_200008~2.jpg
    -Elliot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast