AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new turd

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: My new turd

Cute pup but not sure waiting on the other nut to drop is necessary to neutering Elliot. Is he peeing out of excitement? If so practicing calm behavior around him might be a good first step with lots of outside time. Pointers are high-energy dogs so will not be easy. I love pointers as I was raised with them. These days I have calmer dogs however.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

The holistic vet doc told me she could neuter him but we'd have to take him back again once his other testicle decided to come out of hibernation.

We definitely run him and play hard with him. I think it might deal with our older dog (small m unsterlander; "Chloe"). He is very possessive of me which is awesome because I wish my wife was that way . The peeing in the house is more of marking. The few times that they are big puddles then I don't get upset because we should have let him out sooner. We tried to keep the old dog's water bowl isolated from him since obviously any puppy is going to continue to drink and therefore continue to pee like a racehorse . I guess I'll just wait to see what happens after he gets neutered. If that doesn't work then I'll get the bag of 100 miniature balloons and put them over his ding-dang then change it out when half full. Shoot, I might be onto something
    -Elliot

Hi Elliot,

I assume you are praising and treating him every time he urinates outside? Are you crate training him, plans for obedience training, and how old is he now?

Craig

Elliot, He's just a baby! How long were you able to hold if for when you were his age? BTW, he looks a little lean on the lean side in that middle pic. Is he eating all his groceries?
    Mama Bear

Yep, praising (big celebration... sometimes my neighbors hear and start laughing) and treats.

Liz, I'm just used to girl dogs I guess ( I always wanted a boy dog but always end up with a girl dog because of mother or wife). Girl dogs usually learn to pee and poop outside at the same time. But the vet warned me that he would learn to poop outside before peeing outside but I'm just hung up on the small peeing because I swear it's marking types of pee and not " long road trip but I refused to pee until the last possible minute"-pee. I was just seeing if anyone had any tricks of the trade out there. I'm not spazzing out too much. I do get a little frustrated when I wash his pillow ( not the bedding in his crate), or the mat just inside the back door, or the carpet on the stairs and see little pees after he comes in from taking a huge pee.
    -Elliot

-Elliot

He may be a turd, but he's such a lovely turd. How about a pic of your turd standing in profile.
    Mama Bear

Yeah, I love him . That pic was from our next door neighbors. They thought there was some wild critter by the fence... then realized it was Maverick digging under the fence. They laughed their butts off.

Trying to get better profile pics for ya. Here are these for now.
    20200229_162027.jpg

20200229_162223.jpg
    -Elliot

He looks like he's guilty of something in those pics. He must be into all kinds of things you don't want him to be. Don't worry. He'll grow up and get a brain. He's still in the terrible 2's. I bet you love him. I would if he were mine. I love all of my little monsters. I have 5 dogs.
    Mama Bear

LOL... yep, he got busted snagging the grease-catch dish under the grill! I grew up with labs and love labs but I'm definitely a German Shorthaired fan now. Mav's my buddy. So darn loyal and so darn goofy.

We have a Small Munsterlander too (Chloe
    .. another bird dog), but I swear, the docked tail of Maverick cracks me up. My boys say, "Look how fast his weener tail is wiggling!"... so darn funny having a dog with a docked tail.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Shan

Truly man's best friend. What a great looking lab mix. The guilty look in his eyes is irresistible. It's cool to see his grow out lol
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

The Turd is actually a purebred German Short Haired Ponter, Shan. Same type of dog, bred for hunting, but the German Shorthair Points when he sees the bird so the hunter will know where it's hiding.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Shan

So cool! I'm not familiar with dog breeds at all but I love them all the same. His tail is unique for sure I noticed
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Shan, I get that all the time. I was a lab lover growing up. But these guys are hilarious. And the docked tail cracks us up.
    -Elliot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12