AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Discus now seems to be velvet, but medication I want not available, PLEASE HELP !

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus mouth is now red & got cloudy eyes, i do not know what it is anymore, help

I do water change almost everyday, and the water is crystal clear, just now in order to get rid of the API super ICK cure, I change 50% water change and put in activated carbon to remove the (may be excess medication of the API super ick cure). Perhaps I should not have put the medication earlier than the next 48 hours, but as I said those stuff on her body is gone, now what remains it still one little fuzzy thing on her top dorsal fin like before, but her mouth is still red with red streak, somehow, after I do the water change and put in the activated carbon, one of the yellow one red part where the fin attached to is fading. I only add more medication before the third 48 hours is because I saw many people said the API instruction is crap, as one dose of medication followed by another dose of medication 48 hours later is not going to make the ICK or whatever goes away, as there might still be parasites inside the body. Now I am not going to put nothing until the other medication is clear completely. I now have on hand the API melafix which supposed to treat bacteria infections, repairs damaged fins, ulcer & open red sores. open body wounds and EYE CLOUD and Mouth fungus. Then as I said I have the other KORDON RID ICK PLUS which also treat fungus, but I just do not know which one to use. Here is the picture of the Red Melon. I can only get the mouth part, the small white thing on the dorsal fin does not show up that well at all, I have to use the magnifying glass to look at it. I just find out I can only attached one picture, so I will send more pics on another replyDSC04084.jpg

Registered Member

Default Re: My Discus mouth now got red streak and cloudy eyes

I do water change almost everyday, and the water is crystal clear, just now in order to get rid of the API super ICK cure, I change 50% water change and put in activated carbon to remove the (may be excess medication of the API super ick cure). Perhaps I should not have put the medication earlier than the next 48 hours, but as I said those stuff on her body is gone, now what remains it still one little fuzzy thing on her top dorsal fin like before, but her mouth is still red with red streak, somehow, after I do the water change and put in the activated carbon, one of the yellow one red part where the fin attached to is fading. I only add more medication before the third 48 hours is because I saw many people said the API instruction is crap, as one dose of medication followed by another dose of medication 48 hours later is not going to make the ICK or whatever goes away, as there might still be parasites inside the body. Now I am not going to put nothing until the other medication is clear completely. I now have on hand the API melafix which supposed to treat bacteria infections, repairs damaged fins, ulcer & open red sores. open body wounds and EYE CLOUD and Mouth fungus. Then as I said I have the other KORDON RID ICK PLUS which also treat fungus, but I just do not know which one to use. Here is the picture of the Red Melon. I can only get the mouth part, the small white thing on the dorsal fin does not show up that well at all, I have to use the magnifying glass to look at it. I just find out can attached more than one picture, just have to upload it first, so here it isDSC04083.jpgDSC04087.jpg
    Last edited by Crystal; 07-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Default Re: My Discus now seems to be velvet, but medication I want not available, PLEASE HEL

From this pic I can see nothing medically wrong with this fish. Please post a pic in the area you see the velvet.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Default Re: My Discus now seems to be velvet, but medication I want not available, PLEASE HEL

Those patches that looks like velvet (golden brown dust) seems to be gone, I turned the heat up to 89F and leave it on high, without turning on the light, that is what the internet said to do if they got velvet, but it said like ICK it got the same cycle, but unlike the ICK, the velvet can use its chloroplasts during dormancy to survive, that is why I have to turn the light off and leave the high temperature on for at least 12 days. But now I do not know if I put the API Super ICK Cure earlier than 48 hours since after the second dose, it still have all these stuff and some white thing clinging on her side, I put in the medication again without waiting for another 48 hours. (The instruction is to put only 2 doses 48 hrs apart and that is it), since he still got all those stuff, I put in the medicalion again on the 5th day which is 24 hours after the initial 2 doses of 48 hrs. apart, now those things seems to disappear but his mouth got all these red streak, and he eat much less than usual because I think his mouth is sore. He still got a white thing on his dorsal fin, but can hardly see it unless I use the magnifying glass. He also got cloudy eyes, might not show that much on the pics, but he does have it, usually his eyes is bright and big.

Real Name
    Mervin

They isn't much difference from one ich cure from the other. Both use some sort of formaldehyde (formalin) and MG. The less toxic one says less chloride; I think just a sales gimmick. They both should work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12