AquaticSuppliers.com     AquaticSuppliers.com

Thread: a new hobby

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Frances Archer

Default a new hobby

Hello,
    several weeks ago I decided to begin a new life, to start it without all bad habits, I had problems with the drugs and now my psychologist recommended me to have a pet or a hobby https://addictionresource.com/pets-a...se-prevention/ and I decided to start an aquarium. Now I can't say that it's the only thing that helps me, but I realy like it and can recommend people with mental disorders, I like this theme of the sea or ocean in my bedroom and it' s so interesting to keep up all this biosystem. I really believe that pets can help people in such situations as mine.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Bill G.

Default Re: a new hobby

Watching my fish (koi or Discus) with my dog at my side is indeed good for this man. Glad to hear you’re veering away from drugs.....best of luck with your endeavor. Having pets to take care of has been a part of my entire life. They depend on you and give back unconditional love.....dogs anyway. Even the fish have some personality too.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Re: a new hobby

An aquarium can be mesmerizing. My son is usually distracted and stressed due to grad school studies for a few years and now bar exam. He seems to study 24/7 with little rest or food. Yet when he comes to tell me something in my TV and fish room before long he is sitting in front of the aquarium watching the fish. Very tranquil for him mentally. And after a while he develops a theory. "Dad, I think that yellow one is bored. Move the driftwood so he has a new place to rest." Or some such.