ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quality Seller = Quality Discus

Default Re: Quality Seller = Quality Discus

I bought two Alenquers from this company a couple years ago when they were a sponsor here. They are my favorite discus, but; appears the quality has gone drastically down hill. Sad because there are so few discus vendors to choose from as it is.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rich

they pulled the photo down

rich

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Brian, you do have a kind heart. Kinder than mine, I would contact my CC issuer and try and obtain a refund.,
    What Uncle Sam's needs to do is come up on this forum, apologize and refund the purchase price.

You need to stop being so nice and add this to your positive comments review about Uncle Sams from 2018 on the livestock and product review forum.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dspeers View Post
    Brian, you do have a kind heart. Kinder than mine, I would contact my CC issuer and try and obtain a refund.,
    What Uncle Sam's needs to do is come up on this forum, apologize and refund the purchase price.

You need to stop being so nice and add this to your positive comments review about Uncle Sams from 2018 on the livestock and product review forum.
    SD arguably must be one of the foremost and world renown discus forums in the interweb. As such purveyors of fish and discus reputations can be made or lost here. I'd not concern about Uncle Same or Discus.com because whatever business they lose every time someone posts a negative it costs them money. Good press results in good sales. Have you know of Kenny's Discus for any number of years? I do not recall a time when his complete inventory has not sold out within a matter of days from each month's posting. To a lesser degree same for Chicago Discus, Dennis, Winnie, Golden State...so why would anyone buy their fish from anywhere else? Yet, I sympathize with the jeepster in that there was a hard to find fish that none else had. I did the same with Mac. I am a 100% Kenny loyalist but Kenny never gets the Green wilds. Mac had some at the time. So I gave consideration.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Agreed, but in fairness I also use Discus Madness. Great owner, great fish and also in driving distance so I don't need to stress the fish.

Real Name
    Tom

I’ve checked out discus madness. I too am within an hours drive. But sorry just not impressed and prices are off the chart. Never made the trip. I also bought the mystic red cover from US and I’m happy with it. Bought a green from them too. It looks more brown than green but the color is true to their photo.4BCEAF2C-8249-4CB9-8935-68CBF832E8D2.jpg they are the 2 high left.

Registered Member

I've not seen a green that is green, Tom. Which is why I thought that I would work at trying to develop a true green discus. I may never do it but it is a dream I have. I am looking for the Tefe or Peruvian Green but no one seems to have them for sale. But I do not know why they are called "green" they do not look what I would call green. Say, Tom, would you suppose that dspeers lives there on Lawn Guyland and he is not admitting to it? What say you my devoted Jets diehard.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Lawn Guyland....Like that, had to check the urban dictionary, not as bright as I used to be I guess. Spent a couple of summers on the island in Old Brookville with my grandparents in the 70s, but here in sunny Howell NJ now. Have been to DM x 1 and found the fish beautiful, but have not critically compared pricing, will have to look closer. Still not done setting up my 2 125s. Need to plumb the storage tank to the two displays through the basement, add joists to the first floor floor and set up the AWC system. Then I can get started.

Registered Member

Lawn Guyland....Like that, had to check the urban dictionary, not as bright as I used to be I guess. Spent a couple of summers on the island in Old Brookville with my grandparents in the 70s, but here in sunny Howell NJ now. Have been to DM x 1 and found the fish beautiful, but have not critically compared pricing, will have to look closer. Still not done setting up my 2 125s. Need to plumb the storage tank to the two displays through the basement, add joists to the first floor floor and set up the AWC system. Then I can get started.
    Even a single 125 gallon will make a remarkable discus habitat. At 1 fish to 10 gallons you are in line for more than 2 dozen discus if you so choose.

Real Name
    Brian

Actually, I did contact my bank and they sided with me. I was refunded everything I asked for

As far as being too nice, this is an old post and it was soon after I returned to the hobby after 10 years away. I've become a little sassier since then

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    As far as being too nice, this is an old post and it was soon after I returned to the hobby after 10 years away. I've become a little sassier since then
    I can attest to that lol
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Brian sorry for the untimely comments, did not catch the dates transition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12