AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: adjust temp back to normal after treatment

Registered Member

Default adjust temp back to normal after treatment

I was just wondering i did a 7 day metro treatment for one of my discus which hes doing great now seems like everything is back to normal i had the temp at 92 degrees how long should you decrease the temp to get it back to normal so i can put him back with the group should i gradually decrease every few hours or should the process be a few days thanks alot

Default Re: adjust temp back to normal after treatment

To be honest, I just turn the temp down to the 82 I have it at normally and let it drop slowly on it's own. Never had a problem.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Fish are more resistant and tolerant than you suspect. Example would be say you got a fish shipped to you. It has been in transit for 24 hours. Who knows what the water temp in that little bag is. And what the chemical make up of that water is. You unpack, float the bag for 30 minutes, then dump the fish. Temp changed within 30 minutes, size of the fishes pitch black and confined world greatly increased, and the chemical mix of the water changed instantly from bag water to tank water. The little fish adjusts after the initial meet and greet by its new tank mates to all of this pretty fast. Then picks out a mate and spawns within a day or two.

Registered Member

ok thanks for the responses just trying to be safe but im going to put him back in the main tank tomorrow just making sure if it wasn't necessary to slowly decrease the heat thanks alot