Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Thinking about trying German Rams

Sounds like a match made in heaven

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Liz, I love all of your posts. You always walk away with a ton of information. Side note: do you still have any angels that you would sell or you really got rid of ALL of them? I've been looking for half blacks ever since I saw your posts on them.

Good luck on rams! I want to get into breeding plecos as the new project.

All I have left in Angels are a pair that are blue silver pearlscales crossed to HB. Out of 2 spawns from them I none turned. It was so disappointing. I'd been working on getting interesting genes in my HBs for several years. I should have had some success with the offspring but I got nothing. That's when I got disgusted with the Angels and sold them all.

It seems that anyone can bred Bristle Nose except me. I've got a male and female in a 29. They keep not doing anything, but I'll keep trying. It's not like need the tank space...

Thanks for the flattering compliment. I just like to share what I know.
    Mama Bear

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    All I have left in Angels are a pair that are blue silver pearlscales crossed to HB. Out of 2 spawns from them I none turned. It was so disappointing. I'd been working on getting interesting genes in my HBs for several years. I should have had some success with the offspring but I got nothing. That's when I got disgusted with the Angels and sold them all.

It seems that anyone can bred Bristle Nose except me. I've got a male and female in a 29. They keep not doing anything, but I'll keep trying. It's not like need the tank space...

Thanks for the flattering compliment. I just like to share what I know.
    This killed me. "they keep not doing anything," haha. You have patience for days. Are they confirmed pair? Throw some pics up of the rams as soon as you get them

No their not. They're just a mature male with a mature female. One thing fish have taught me is that if I give up I will never succeed and if I have patience I might.

You don't have to worry about me not sending pics of the new rams. I'll probably flood the forum with Ram pics and folks will we be wanting me to shut up and go away. lol
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ryan

Subscribed. I'm planning to get some new rams in the near future, I usually go with CoralBandit, but if yours look good I may try your guy.

I've looked at CoralBandit's pics but I like the look of the Dutch Rams from my guy better. They bit smaller but to me they are way more colorful than the German Blue ones.
    Mama Bear

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

I have never seen a 'Dutch' Ram. Can you send a link?
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Their the same strain but come from Dutch stock. They're a little smaller, more colorful, and more feisty. I thought at first that it was just a marketing ploy like Discus breeders do with naming Discus, but turns out they're a real thing. There's a pic of them on his website. https://tristanstropicalfish.com/mik...amirezi-dutch/
    Mama Bear

I got an email last nigh after I went telling me that he didn't get the email with my address. I sent it a second time and got it. Then he sent me an invoice and I didn't get it, so it wasn't my fault after all. I'm clueless.

I asked for his Paypal address so I could just send his money, so I wouldn't be left high and dry without these really nice fish until I could send him a check through the mail. He said he would never do that. I responded that I would never try to screw him. He got my money the second time, thank goodness. He'll ship tomorrow so I will have them Friday.

The first thing I see when I walk into the fish room in the morning is their tank. It's lights come on early and it a few easy plants on driftwood either floating attached to driftwood or floating. I also have several pottery things from Barb that give them hiding places and a choice of spawning surfaces. It's a very pretty sight to me. I am yearning to have Rams swimming around in it.
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

And I hope they find some of my pottery to their liking! Looking forward to pics of the beauties you are yearning for!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I'll post a pic of the tank I have waiting for it tomorrow. It's mostly just a BB tank, with stuff in it, but I think they'll like their new home.
    Mama Bear

They arrived at 11:45 this morning in perfect condition. The fish were individually double bagged. I can tell now that they are in the tank that I did indeed get 2 males and 2 females. The fish look like two peas in a big pasture.

The guy's response to all problems with him not getting my address and me not getting his invoice will forever be a mystery but we figured out a way to get around it. I have never seen such packing in my life. I have never seen such an excellent box! He double bagged with O2 and heat sealed. I thing I have figured out how he is able to heat seal bags that need enough water for the fish and more for the fish. I think that I could do that with small bags. I've never gotten prefect with rubber bands.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Can hardly wait for pictures Liz, they sound awesome
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

tomorrow after lights on, I think. They need some time to settle in. Right now they're doing a lot of exploring their new tank.
    Mama Bear

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast